Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when did you change your nose piercing for the first time?

1. Senior Member

when did you change your nose piercing for the first time?

Advertisements
    I bought a new nose ring, one thats clear with a gem cause it'll be less noticeable now that my job decided to crack down on nose rings. anyway i got it done about 2 months and 2 weeks ago, is this way to short to be changing it?

and how the heck do i get it out? i tried for a little bit but got nervous. i cant get do it. it feels like the jewelry is an L. i dont think its one of the screw ones.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

this thread for future reference.
  3. Senior Member
    pretty sure my ring is like this
  4. Senior Member
    Does it still hurt or do you have any irritation? If not you're good to change it at this point, just know that it will probably be pretty tender.

If you have an L bar, they're really easy to get out. Wash your hands/your nose, try to clear out any boogers, and go on YouTube to find a video of someone taking it out. It's easy but hard to explain in words lol. That's what I did the first time I needed to take it out though.

Also if you want to keep it pierced, I would wait to do this until you'll be able to go to a piercer just in case something goes awry, like if you can't put the new jewelry in. They close up really fast so you don't want to do it at night or something because it'll be closed by morning.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Does it still hurt or do you have any irritation? If not you're good to change it at this point, just know that it will probably be pretty tender.

If you have an L bar, they're really easy to get out. Wash your hands/your nose, try to clear out any boogers, and go on YouTube to find a video of someone taking it out. It's easy but hard to explain in words lol. That's what I did the first time I needed to take it out though.

Also if you want to keep it pierced, I would wait to do this until you'll be able to go to a piercer just in case something goes awry, like if you can't put the new jewelry in. They close up really fast so you don't want to do it at night or something because it'll be closed by morning.
    ill definitely watch some youtube videos and see if id feel comfortable doing it before i go for it and mess everything up. thanks a bunch!
  6. Senior Member
    I didn't change mine, until after its one year anniversary. I was too scared to do it for the longest time.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. Senior Member
    I was around 2-3 months when I changed mine. It was still a bit tender but not too bad. The L isn't too hard to get out .. it just hurt a bit when going around the hump for me. I just kind of pushed mine out. Now I prefer the bones .. the straight ones that are just slightly bigger on the other end so it stays. They are a lot easier to get in and out than the L's for me. I have never been able to use a screw .. I tried putting one in for hours a few time .. ended up making my nose bleed and could never get it in. I have no idea how to get those screws in haha,
  8. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I just haven't changed it. I think you're supposed to wait six to eight weeks. You should be fine, but I agree with January. Id go have them change it the first time.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesskuhmarie View Post
    I was around 2-3 months when I changed mine. It was still a bit tender but not too bad. The L isn't too hard to get out .. it just hurt a bit when going around the hump for me. I just kind of pushed mine out. Now I prefer the bones .. the straight ones that are just slightly bigger on the other end so it stays. They are a lot easier to get in and out than the L's for me. I have never been able to use a screw .. I tried putting one in for hours a few time .. ended up making my nose bleed and could never get it in. I have no idea how to get those screws in haha,
    i get to the hump part and then it hurts a bit so i get nervous and push it back in. the one i wanna put in its a corkscew.

do you think any piercer would put it in for me? the place i went to is pretty far to go to just to get my ring changed. theres closer places around
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    i get to the hump part and then it hurts a bit so i get nervous and push it back in. the one i wanna put in its a corkscew.

do you think any piercer would put it in for me? the place i went to is pretty far to go to just to get my ring changed. theres closer places around
    Corkscrews are HARD. definitely go to a piercer. And yeah, any piercer will do it for you. I doubt they will charge but you should tip. I would also call first to make sure it's ok, but I can't imagine they would say no.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast