Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nose ring yay or nay?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Nose ring yay or nay?

Advertisements
    To encourage my weight loss I've had goals and I'm about to reach my next one of 15lbs down and I had decided to get a piercing as a reward for said goal. Originally I was going to get another ear piercing but lately I've been toying with the idea of a cute little stud in my nose. I'm just not sure I have the nose for it because I inherited my dad's big honker . It's the only thing I'm self conscious about that I've never been able to stop being self conscious about. Do I have the nose for a nose piercing? Honest answers please, I don't want to get it done and then hate my nose even more .

Now that I look at these pictures I'm leaning more nay .
  2. Senior Member
    i say yay! i was worried it wouldnt work on my nose either but i went for it and i love mine!
  3. Senior Member
    I think nose piercings can work with any nose, really! Do it!
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    nay. Though that is coming from a professional/medical point of view and has nothing to do with your nose.
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
    nay. Though that is coming from a professional/medical point of view and has nothing to do with your nose.
    Ditto. I always think about how many times I have seen/heard of dogs claws accidentally ripping out a nose or belly ring. UGH.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Ditto. I always think about how many times I have seen/heard of dogs claws accidentally ripping out a nose or belly ring. UGH.
    That's true. I have to be really careful, when I'm play with my dog, because I wear a hoop. Anything could get in there and rip it out, especially a nail.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. Senior Member
    Absolutely nothing to do with your nose, but I say nay. I would say nay to every adult getting a nose ring personally. There are a lot of problems from a professional standpoint with piercings/tattoos. I'm a practical thinking kind of person.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  8. Senior Member
    I say nay, but it is also from a professional stand point. Even if you take it out for work, still leaves a small hole that everyone stares at, trying to figure out why its there. I think you have a great nose!
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    i say yay! i was worried it wouldnt work on my nose either but i went for it and i love mine!
    This sounds so wimpy but, does it hurt a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think nose piercings can work with any nose, really! Do it!
    hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
    I am a house cleaner so having to look proper isn't a biggie for me If it was I would totally be staying away from everything but the ears though .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    OoO I would of never thought of this and I DO have two dogs under a year, this will deff be something to think about.
  10. Senior Member
    Coming from someone who has a big nose, probably nay. I don't think it looked bad on me from the front (I loved it) but from the side I didn't like it. My nose sticks out pretty far from my face and I felt like having the stud there made it look even longer. I don't think it's that you can't pull it off, but if you're already uncomfortable with your nose it might make you feel worse about it.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast