Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anybody artsy-farsty wanna help me out?

1. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Help Anybody artsy-farsty wanna help me out?

Advertisements
    I want to get a memorial tattoo in honor of my brother and niece. I *think* I've finally figured out that I want to do the word "Breathe" in pretty writing and incorporate his stupid smiley face that he had on his arm either beside it or I'm not even sure. I don't want anything super bold...I'm honestly still leaning towards white or a light color. I don't want a bold statement piece, just something to remind me of him when I see it. I'm thinking maybe the top/outside of my foot or maybe my hip?

This tattoo is what I keep picturing with my brother telling me to "Breathe, Sis. Chill the F* out and it will be fine. Just breathe!" whenever I would get worked up or irritated at him for something stupid he had done and then he would point to his tattoo and say "Smile! Mr. Happy Face demands it!"

I just don't know how I want it if anybody is willing to see what you can come up with or if that idea sounds dumb, let me know? I don't want it to be the green though

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

2. Senior Member
    I suck at being artsy fartsy but what about this idea. Have the smiley face in a light pink for you neice that way you can incorporate her your original idea too and have the word "breathe" in a pretty font scrolling across the top of it but off to the side a little bit...if that makes sense...

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  3. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    I'm going to see if I can come up with something real quick
    I have an idea that you (might) like, but I'm not sure I can accurately make it come to life
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Have you thought of getting Breathe in light green ink? That was it can have meaning for you incorporating breathe and the green he had his smiley face, but it would be simpler and just for you.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I love the idea of the smiley in white, next to "smile, mr. Happy Face demands it."
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    What about either of these?

the basic gist of this one (that was sort of hard to get across because my tablet doesn't work very well on my windows side) is that you have the smiley and then out of it comes the word breathe that fades out at the end. You could also have the word breathe in a less tight script-more flowy and it wouldn't be so sketchy looking
    or there's this one

maybe you could have it drawn so that it looks like he drew it on you? or etched it into you? the tattoo artist could accomplish those two things better than i could.
  7. Senior Member
    i like the first one canopyofleaves posted
  8. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by canopy0fleaves View Post
    What about either of these?

the basic gist of this one (that was sort of hard to get across because my tablet doesn't work very well on my windows side) is that you have the smiley and then out of it comes the word breathe that fades out at the end. You could also have the word breathe in a less tight script-more flowy and it wouldn't be so sketchy looking
    or there's this one

maybe you could have it drawn so that it looks like he drew it on you? or etched it into you? the tattoo artist could accomplish those two things better than i could.
    I really like the first one and how you have the writing coming out of the face like it's saying it almost! Thank you!

Keep 'em coming ladies! I need choices!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Keep in mind I suck at drawing but this was my tablet quick idea
  10. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Luz*de*su*Vida View Post
    I really like the first one and how you have the writing coming out of the face like it's saying it almost! Thank you!

Keep 'em coming ladies! I need choices!
    No problem I used kind of the same idea for when I made a concept of the tattoo I want:

sorry that might be huge. But that's what I meant about the script being looser