Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: curse of a swimmer.

1. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!

curse of a swimmer.

Advertisements
    I'm dying to get a little piece done—I've wanted this thing for a longg time but the "itch" is really getting to me this month.
    Only thing is, I'm in the pool for about two hours every day
    I'm not willing to give up my workout right now (at least not for more than a few days) and probably won't be ready to until like... December. Which is too freaking far

There's got to be some way around this... anyone have experience with getting a new tattoo wet a lot? For what it's worth, what I want is just two words, just some simple line work, and it would only be a few inches. I'm so tempted to just go for it and then hop back in the pool after a few days of intensive care. That's what I did with my nose piercings... but I've always been more stringent about tattoo healing than holes.

Gah!! I'm ready to hop in the car and get it done right now!! But then I would be so pissed at myself while I sit around out of the water for weeks!
  2. Senior Member
    DONT! I have seen nothing happen to the horrible happening. Not knowing the artist or the levels of chemicels in the pool, or how your skin takes the ink. I wouldn't risk it personally.
  3. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    maybe i should webMD infected tattoos for a reality check
  4. Regular Member
    No advice, but I feel your pain! I wanted to get one so bad at the beginning of the summer but I have to go in the pool everyday for camp