Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: leaving in an hour to get my nose pierced *updated with picture!

1. Senior Member

leaving in an hour to get my nose pierced *updated with picture!

Advertisements
    and i haven't thought about the pain factor til now. what should i be expecting?

just got back! it felt almost exactly like i was expecting it to feel it wasn't that bad

not the best picture of me but oh wells
    Last edited by cassadilla; 08-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    No idea but good luck! My tongue was bad but since I like it it was worth it.
  3. Senior Member
    I pierced my nose with a giant safety pin when I was a freshman in high school It doesn't really hurt at all.

4. Senior Member
    I've had mine pierced twice in the same place, the second time was through scar tissue. Both times it felt like a quick pinch, and then afterward it's sore if you scrunch up your nose. Other than that I didn't really even feel it. It'll bleed like a drop or two and your eye will tear up. Boogers get stuck to the jewelry on the inside and that's a huge pain but other than that it's really easy to care for. Be careful with towels and don't bump it around too much or it'll develop a bump by the hole and that's not cute. If that happens though, tea tree oil will make it go away.

Btw if they tell you to use salt water or h2ocean, don't! Use saline instead. I used salt water for my old one and I had so many problems with it healing, I've used nothing but saline on my piercings since and I've had no issues whatsoever. I'm not an expert obv but I have no idea why they tell you to use salt water.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I pierced my nose with a giant safety pin when I was a freshman in high school It doesn't really hurt at all.
    omg
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I've had mine pierced twice in the same place, the second time was through scar tissue. Both times it felt like a quick pinch, and then afterward it's sore if you scrunch up your nose. Other than that I didn't really even feel it. It'll bleed like a drop or two and your eye will tear up. Boogers get stuck to the jewelry on the inside and that's a huge pain but other than that it's really easy to care for. Be careful with towels and don't bump it around too much or it'll develop a bump by the hole and that's not cute. If that happens though, tea tree oil will make it go away.

Btw if they tell you to use salt water or h2ocean, don't! Use saline instead. I used salt water for my old one and I had so many problems with it healing, I've used nothing but saline on my piercings since and I've had no issues whatsoever. I'm not an expert obv but I have no idea why they tell you to use salt water.
    thanks for the pointers! i was thinking of using bactine
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    thanks for the pointers! i was thinking of using bactine
    Idk what bactine is but I like saline because it disinfects without drying anything out. Plus since its contact solution in a squirt bottle it's super easy to spray it where you need it, and it's readily available everywhere. I just spray it around the area for like ten seconds or so to really flush it out and then just dry it off. It hasn't dried out my skin at all OR irritated my piercings.
  8. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post

My nose was the most painful of all of my crazy piercings. But, it is a super quick jolt and then it was done. Then, ditto to what January said.
    You should totally post an after pic!

Johanna is my wifey!
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    It's not bad at all! Can't wait to see it!

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yay for piercings today! I'm getting my belly button done.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast