Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Tattoo Removal

1. Senior Member

Laser Tattoo Removal

Advertisements
    Has anyone had a tattoo removed? Has anyone tattooed over a space that had a tattoo removed from it?

I got my first tattoo when I was 18.. and I wasn't exactly right minded. I hate it, and I don't know if I should just cover it up with the tattoo I actually want, or have it removed entirely, and start over.

2. Senior Member
    My mom had it done decades ago. You can't even tell a tattoo was ever there. If it was that good 20+ years ago I would assume it would be even better/same now.

ETA: Or I should say she had a tattoo removed back then, don't know the exact method
  3. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    i would have it covered. a good artist can definitely make it appear that it was never there at all. no use in lasering before tattooing the same area, it will just cost you a heck of a lot more. and just laser with no cover-up, well, if it's not something teeny and really simple, you're probably always going to see it anyway.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    i would have it covered. a good artist can definitely make it appear that it was never there at all. no use in lasering before tattooing the same area, it will just cost you a heck of a lot more. and just laser with no cover-up, well, if it's not something teeny and really simple, you're probably always going to see it anyway.
    It is a really small tattoo, probably the size of two quarters next to each other, maybe a teeny bit bigger. I want it covered, I guess I'd have to talk to my tattoo artist. The problem is that I want an all black ink tattoo, and the current one has a purple shading around black ink.

5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I've heard laser removal is very painful. I had a coverup done on an old piece of mine...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I've heard laser removal is very painful. I had a coverup done on an old piece of mine...
    I've heard that too but I imagine it can't be that much worse than actually getting a tattoo.

7. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i have two tattoos and i want both of them removed! i was watching some videos and it only takes like a minute (depending how big your tattoo) for each session. i really really want it done. it's so expensive though

8. Senior Member
    Laser removal is often more painful than the tattoo it self IMO. If you have had laser hair removal - it is similar to that feeling but a little worse lol. But then again pain also depends on how deep the artist had gone when inking you and mine for DEEP. But it can be worth it to get it faded a little with a few sessions if you are going to get it covered up anyway. But from the sound of things if it is small and you want an all black tattoo over it anyway then it would be just a waste of time and money....... DEPENDING on how thick your current tattoo is. With an all black cover up, you may see the "bump" of the old tattoo under" it really all depends if you think that would be an issue to you or not? Do you have a pic of your current tattoo? And the one you would like to cover it with?

ps. If an artist tells you you need to get a much bigger sized tat that the one you currently have - leave and go somewhere else, it means they are not experienced enough in tat cover ups.
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    here's some videos of it being done if you wanna check them out

Tattoo Removal Videos and Laser Hair Removal Videos

10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I've heard that too but I imagine it can't be that much worse than actually getting a tattoo.
    they spray cold air to make it less painful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast