Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Implant Surgery......

1. Senior Member

Help Implant Surgery......

Advertisements
    So this Friday is my surgery..... Friday the 13th of all days! I'm not a superstitious person but I've been so scared. I've cried a couple times and I know I sound like a big baby! It's not the recovery that scares me but the actual surgery. I don't like anesthesia. So girls that got your boobies done how was it? Surgery, recovery, everything. How long before you were back to normal? We're supposed to go to Idaho soon after for his brother's wedding. My surgeon hasn't really said anything about restrictions other than some paperwork he gave me. Can I fly soon after? I'm just so scared! Prayers and good vibes appreciated! As well as any advice you have.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I went under cracking jokes and laughing and woke up happy. It felt like seconds and I was out of it for the rest of the day. The worst part of the pain was honestly waking up in the morning. "Morning boob" is the worst but it eases off after you get up and move around. Ice is awesome, as is a nice lose, front close sports bra.

And your boobs may make weird noises. Air gets trapped in there and mine squeeked and crackled a bit for the first few weeks (if that) but your body absorbs it and it goes away.
  3. Senior Member
    DH is all excited but I keep telling him he can't play with them for a while....I have the front closure sports bra and I didn't know I could use an ice pack though. I'm just worried about flying....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You should be fine. I was driving within a few days (didn't take pain meds as they weren't working anyway)

What incision are you getting? And over or under the muscle?
  5. Senior Member
    it's under the breast and I'm not sure if it's above or under. I want to say above. I'm planning on working next Monday (it's a half day) and I'm off Tuesday.... like I said it's not the recovery I'm worried about, it's the actual surgery.... I don't like surgery and I'm horrible to get an IV in!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronsWife View Post
    it's under the breast and I'm not sure if it's above or under. I want to say above. I'm planning on working next Monday (it's a half day) and I'm off Tuesday.... like I said it's not the recovery I'm worried about, it's the actual surgery.... I don't like surgery and I'm horrible to get an IV in!
    It goes pretty quickly. Honestly, the worst for you will probably be the IV, and I noticed the people doing mine were a lot nicer and more relaxed, maybe since they work in a calmer environment? It definitely put me at ease compared to a hospital type procedure.

You'll do great!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    And be careful if you are working. If it is over the muscle it is easier to displace the implant, and if it is under you need to be careful you don't damage the muscle.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    It goes pretty quickly. Honestly, the worst for you will probably be the IV, and I noticed the people doing mine were a lot nicer and more relaxed, maybe since they work in a calmer environment? It definitely put me at ease compared to a hospital type procedure.

You'll do great!
    When I had my surgery in January for endometriosis it took them forever to get my IV in and I was so nauseous last thing I remember is them giving me more nausea meds and waking up asking DH if they did the surgery. I think I just worry too much
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    And be careful if you are working. If it is over the muscle it is easier to displace the implant, and if it is under you need to be careful you don't damage the muscle.
    I'm a cashier at a furniture store so I sit at a desk all day so I don't think I'll be that bad off at work.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Maybe ask for an anti-anxiety pill before hand? I am sure if you called they could help with it. It would definitely make it a better experience for you are less stressed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast