Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ear piercings other than helix.

  1. Grouchy Hag
    blackhand's Avatar
    blackhand is offline
    Grouchy Hag
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    1,669

    #1

    Ear piercings other than helix.

    Advertisements
    If you have piercings in places other than the helix (i.e., tragus, conch, daith), did it hurt very much?

    Currently I've got six in total (two in each lobe, two helix piercings in my left ear). My right ear is feeling sort of barren, and I've been considering getting another piercing. I was thinking about getting my conch done.

    I realize that pain tolerances kind of vary between people, but in general, how painful was it? I do sort of have a high tolerance, and my two helix piercings were trivial (I got both done at the same time).
  2. Account Closed
    Jessym's Avatar
    Jessym is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Me: NorCal Him: Oklahoma
    Posts
    27,751
    Blog Entries
    1
    #2
    I've had both tragus' done at different times but only my right one hurt. The left didn't hurt much at all, just some pressure. The right hurt like a bish. I almost passed out and I got super light headed. It's only because the earring fell out and so she had repierce it with a bigger needle
  3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    lilinkgirl's Avatar
    lilinkgirl is offline
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,997
    #3
    I have my industrial done. For me, it took a very long time to heal. The pain was pretty bad, but the healing process was worse. I kept forgetting about it and hitting it with the phone etc..
  4. Senior Member
    spazzieabbie's Avatar
    spazzieabbie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Raleigh/Durham
    Posts
    988
    #4
    I got my traguses pierced and it didn't hurt. It was just really uncomfortable. The healing process took forever though
    [CENTER]
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lilinkgirl View Post
    I have my industrial done. For me, it took a very long time to heal. The pain was pretty bad, but the healing process was worse. I kept forgetting about it and hitting it with the phone etc..
    I love the look of industrials but I was always too scared to get one ... I've heard they're hard to heal. I still kind of want one though. How long did it take to completely heal?
  6. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    lilinkgirl's Avatar
    lilinkgirl is offline
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,997
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I love the look of industrials but I was always too scared to get one ... I've heard they're hard to heal. I still kind of want one though. How long did it take to completely heal?
    4 months. It still bothers me if my hair gets wrapped around it and I sleep with it like that. It stays tender and just the right kind of annoying for a few days. When I go get my hair cut and I forget to take it out, it usually gets yanked by a comb and stays tender for a few days. Rollercoasters too, if I get whipped around to fast it usually gets knocked on something and hurts for a few days.

    Moral of the story, if it ever fell out, I would not get it done again

    ETA, these are just examples of little things you don't really think about.
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic's Avatar
    MissOptimistic is offline
    MissOptimistic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewherez.
    Posts
    19,620
    Blog Entries
    2
    #7
    I want more ear holes. I am a boring one with just plain ol' pierced ears!
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lilinkgirl View Post
    4 months. It still bothers me if my hair gets wrapped around it and I sleep with it like that. It stays tender and just the right kind of annoying for a few days. When I go get my hair cut and I forget to take it out, it usually gets yanked by a comb and stays tender for a few days. Rollercoasters too, if I get whipped around to fast it usually gets knocked on something and hurts for a few days.

    Moral of the story, if it ever fell out, I would not get it done again

    ETA, these are just examples of little things you don't really think about.
    Yeah, I've heard similar stories before, that it's really easy to get them angry and painful. And I had a bad experience with an eyebrow piercing so I'm hesitant to get anything that has so much potential to get pulled on, if that makes sense.

    I still adore how they look though. I just admire them from afar mostly.
  9. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    lilinkgirl's Avatar
    lilinkgirl is offline
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,997
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah, I've heard similar stories before, that it's really easy to get them angry and painful. And I had a bad experience with an eyebrow piercing so I'm hesitant to get anything that has so much potential to get pulled on, if that makes sense.

    I still adore how they look though. I just admire them from afar mostly.
    I cannot even imagine, no no no, that freaks me out just thinking about it
  10. Grouchy Hag
    blackhand's Avatar
    blackhand is offline
    Grouchy Hag
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    1,669

    #10
    Oh god. I was thinking about an industrial too maybe, but I've accidentally yanked my helix rings enough with combs that I kind of scratched it off the list
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •