Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Opinions! New tattoo idea.

1. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful

Opinions! New tattoo idea.

Advertisements
    Okay, so I have this tattoo on the back of my leg:

I've been wanting to get another tattoo on the other leg to balance it out. The only other idea I had was a lioness tattoo (I'm a Leo and sticking with the jungle theme) but I was having trouble thinking of a way to balance it since lions are obviously smaller than elephants and I think a lion of the same size would look weird.

This was my new idea. Get this:

This poem/speech has meant a lot to me over the years. I recite it to myself as a personal mantra and I think its totally beautiful. I'm not even sure if it would be possible to get that inked on me, its super long. I would want designs around it to balance out the image vs. words thing. Do you think a wall of text would look strange alongside my elephant or would it be a nice balance? The part about God really, really sums up my experience with religion.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I would worry that I wouldn't be able to read the text. I think it's beautiful. Is there a part that is especially meaningful to you?
  3. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. And whether or not it is clear to you, the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, be at peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    i would start at "you are a child of the universe..." and go to the end. i personally like giant tattoos of all text, but if you try to fit all that on your leg, it's probably going to end up messy. i like words that have shape. this might be strange, but i think it would be awesome if you formed the paragraph into the same shape of your elephant. like a mirror but not.

ETA: you beat me to it i was super slow getting that thought out.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. And whether or not it is clear to you, the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, be at peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
    I like that

What type of font are you considering?
  6. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    i would start at "you are a child of the universe..." and go to the end. i personally like giant tattoos of all text, but if you try to fit all that on your leg, it's probably going to end up messy. i like words that have shape. this might be strange, but i think it would be awesome if you formed the paragraph into the same shape of your elephant. like a mirror but not.

ETA: you beat me to it i was super slow getting that thought out.
    That's pretty brilliant...I'm going to have to talk to my artist about it. I'm not sure how much text I can logically fit onto my leg and have it make sense. I just really want some balance, you know? And I can't imagine trying to scale down a lion and then add stuff in to make it generally the same size.
  7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I might grab the first two lines, too, and then start at "Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness." Do you think it would be too odd to cut out the whole middle part?
  8. Banned
    Banned
    The feeling I get from that text is that he is writing to appeal to many people. It makes sense that you would choose the parts that apply to your life and mean something to you.
  9. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    I might grab the first two lines, too, and then start at "Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness." Do you think it would be too odd to cut out the whole middle part?
    nope. just toss some ellipses in there
  10. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    To see if anyone else cares to weigh in.