Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderately and heavily inked parents

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Moderately and heavily inked parents

Advertisements
    I'm curious about others' experiences with being moderately or heavily tattooed, especially parents. If you get looks or if people treat you differently.

I do get looks, but most are just curious or fascinated. There's more acceptance for it in my area because it's a major city and slightly more progressive, but if I were to travel 20 miles outside the perimeter, I would get some strange looks, especially when I have the kids. I do stand out when I attend school functions. It's pretty interesting. I'm sure there are those that feel it's not appropriate because there are certain ways one is supposed to keep their appearance (according to some standards). Certain behaviors are not tolerated and even looked down upon. Body art/modification is certainly becoming more mainstream, but there are still those that are not so receptive and accepting of it.

Living in the South, venturing outside the city, I certainly see it.
    Pax, Aeon
  2. Senior Member
    DH has 11 right now. And is working on sleeves. So when we have kids he'll be a tatted daddy. But I feel like its more okay in the publics eye for the dad to be tatted than moms.
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

They certainly look, but sometimes I wonder if it's not because of the tattoos but because of the fact dh is 6'7" and I am a 5'11" half Japanese woman. it used to bother me that people would stare at us but now I just ignore the looks.

It's kinda fun wearing sleeveless shirts and skirts so that all of my ink shows... Nothing like a Sunday morning stare in church.

ETA: I can't stand it when people I don't know come up to me and touch my ink... Personal space, people. Personal space.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    I only have 2 tattoos, so I don't count. But when I see hot dads with lots of tattoos, being cute with their kids I love them
  5. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    They certainly look, but sometimes I wonder if it's not because of the tattoos but because of the fact dh is 6'7" and I am a 5'11" half Japanese woman. it used to bother me that people would stare at us but now I just ignore the looks.

It's kinda fun wearing sleeveless shirts and skirts so that all of my ink shows... Nothing like a Sunday morning stare in church.

ETA: I can't stand it when people I don't know come up to me and touch my ink... Personal space, people. Personal space.
    Ew. They just come up and touch your tattoos?? What's wrong with people??!! Reminds me of Candice's hair.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    Ew. They just come up and touch your tattoos?? What's wrong with people??!! Reminds me of Candice's hair.
    Yep, it drives me CRAZY.

I thought of Candice immediately after it happened the last time!
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

People touch?!?!

. Hell to the no. I would bug. Do yOu ever touch them back just to show them how cray cray they are acting?
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    People touch?!?!

. Hell to the no. I would bug. Do yOu ever touch them back just to show them how cray cray they are acting?
    I've been known to give a Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) eyebrow or two... But i don't touch people I don't know.
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Yep, it drives me CRAZY.

I thought of Candice immediately after it happened the last time!
    if someone touched my arm (or whatever) and I did not know them, this is seriously what would go down. "Uh, excuse you. What are you doing? Please don't touch me. Seriously. Rude." And then id shake off the hibbie jibbies that had just overcame my body and move swiftly away. Far, far away.

ETA: and, I'm sorry, but really? Its a tattoo. It feels just like any other tattoo...... it just looks different. No need to touch.
  10. Senior Member
    I have 4 tattoos that you can only see at one time if i'm wearing shorts and a tank top ( And I rarely wear shorts) so i'm " lightly inked?" . But I have found myself not buying certain pieces of clothes I like because I don't want to get snide looks from real housewives of clovis.
    I have a flogging molly shirt I wear quite frequently thats already gotten me a dirty look cause it has skulls in the shape of a clover on it
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast