Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Blender for Smoothies

1. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...

Help Inexpensive Blender for Smoothies

Advertisements
    Any suggestions or ones to stay away from? I am looking for something $30 or less.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Most inexpensive blenders can not handle the ice.
    Not helpful, but I ended up breaking down and buying a Vitamix. I love the thing.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Not helpful, but I ended up breaking down and buying a Vitamix. I love the thing.
    eventually, i'd love to own one, realistically, not something we could afford
  4. Senior Member
    Usually the ones that are about $20-25 at Target are pretty good, I think usually Black and Decker or Oster are the brands. They are not going to get your ice really smooth, and you will probably have a few chunks, but they do the job!

Personally I find most of the $20-30 appliances to all be the same in terms of quality. They all do the job, and if you get 1-2 or more years out of them that is all that is really expected.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    OMG! I was just at DB's uncle's yesterday. They have one of those. I cannot believe that it heats up your soup!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Not many blenders around $30 work worth a dam, and even if they cut the ice they don't blend well. Really I'd save up till you could get a slightly nicer one.

I went threw 4 cheap one's before finally giving up on being cheap sense it was costing me more then a nice one, and I ended buying a nicer one that I love. I have this Cuisinart Blender & Chopper, and I use it almost daily for DD and I. It's simple, small enough to store away easy, makes smoothies in like 10 seconds flat(very smooth smoothies you can drink threw a straw no chunky stuff), and I've had it for about a year yet it still works like it's brand new even with using it pretty much daily.
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    I our Vitamix. I know Wal-Mart has a small Ninja for $35 and those are fabulous!
  8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I'd save up and get a good one.

You'll end up spending the same amount buying 12 different $30 ones.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

This one!

DF makes 2 smoothies a day with it and it's going strong. It blends ice like a pro and has a dispenser in front so it's no mess and you don't get annoying ice chunks in it.

We love it
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

This one!

DF makes 2 smoothies a day with it and it's going strong. It blends ice like a pro and has a dispenser in front so it's no mess and you don't get annoying ice chunks in it.

We love it
    I have this one too. It works good for the price. I make smoothies a lot. Sometimes you have to give it a little help and push things down then blend again. It does get everything very smooth though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast