3 8.33%
  • Maybe

11 30.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it still fashionable?

1. Senior Member

Is it still fashionable?

Advertisements
    I have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Is it still fashionable to wear dress tights/nylons.. I havent worn a dress in years.. since a decomissioning of my husbands ship... I have been to balls but worn nylons of course... soooo is it still "in"?

2. Senior Member
    Its up to you really. You could go with or without. I wore them to my sister's grad because my legs are hideously white.
  3. Senior Member
    Well it is a mom that was in a class I taught in. Her boys will be there and I just feel that it is more appropriate.. It is easier not to worry about how your legs look like when sitting also...LOL...

My legs are pretty tan...but definitely have a capri tan line.

4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Nylons? are they the same than hoses? hoses are not in or fashionable anymore but honestly, I don't really go with what's in or not, I just go with what I feel it's apropiate and feel more comftable with.
  5. carol68134
    Black ones (or colors for that matter) are really fashionable, they sell tons of them in the store I work at. I don't think the flesh tone ones are really considered "fashionable" but what the hell, if you feel good about the way you look in them then go for it. They are a bit more formal than bare legs and also make your skin tone a tad darker and more even, they are slimming, also you don't have to worry as much about shaving. (OK, if you shaved a week ago, people may notice, but just a couple days don't sweat it.) I personally hate wearing the damn things because I'm 5'9" and they just don't seem to make them long enough for me, I'm always having to yank at them to get them to stay up. But I do like the way they look.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carol68134 View Post
    Black ones (or colors for that matter) are really fashionable, they sell tons of them in the store I work at. I don't think the flesh tone ones are really considered "fashionable" but what the hell, if you feel good about the way you look in them then go for it. They are a bit more formal than bare legs and also make your skin tone a tad darker and more even, they are slimming, also you don't have to worry as much about shaving. (OK, if you shaved a week ago, people may notice, but just a couple days don't sweat it.) I personally hate wearing the damn things because I'm 5'9" and they just don't seem to make them long enough for me, I'm always having to yank at them to get them to stay up. But I do like the way they look.
    I was thinking black... I have to look somewhat professional for this .. AND it is a funeral which is my big "issue".

7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wore them for Danica's funeral.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I wear them, especially to church in Winter. They aren't as popular as they used to be and especially not with young girls, but I think for a funeral they would be very appropriate.

9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I ONLY wear them if I'm NOT wearing open-toed shoes. So to me, it's only "fashionable" if you're wearing closed-toed shoes.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i wear black nylons/tights with some kinda pattern/design in them. one of the clinque girls i saw yesterday was wearing fishnets & maryjane pumps. it was rather hott.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast