Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The Ordinary

1. Senior Member

The Ordinary

Advertisements
    I'm getting old, so I've decided to start using a serum . Checking out The Ordinary/Deciem and holy crap I'm so lost. Anybody ever tried them? What did you use? Did you like it?

Send help.
  2. Senior Member
    Go to Sephora and have they help you figure out what might be a good fit for your needs and skin type, and they ask for samples of several.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    I like their granactive retinoid, it’s not as good as prescription but it’s the closest I’ve found to it. Do some research on the ordinary before ordering though, their CEO is super weird and a lot of people don’t think the company will be around much longer because he’s like actively destroying it. Also, their prices seem cheap but you get hardly any product lol.
  4. Senior Member
    Also, go on the skincare addiction subreddit. Those people know everything.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Go to Sephora and have they help you figure out what might be a good fit for your needs and skin type, and they ask for samples of several.
    Yeah I did that, but found their prices super high, so a friend recommended the Ordinary. I got scared hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I like their granactive retinoid, it’s not as good as prescription but it’s the closest I’ve found to it. Do some research on the ordinary before ordering though, their CEO is super weird and a lot of people don’t think the company will be around much longer because he’s like actively destroying it. Also, their prices seem cheap but you get hardly any product lol.
    Legit the only thing I know about them is that they're Canadian (any good Canadian knows a Canadian brand lol) and that he's a whack job.

I just feel they have SO much stuff, it's almost impossible to figure out what the hell to get. I'm also not a chemist or a wannabe chemist so I'm not into the whole "build-your-own" skin potion type of thing, I got other shit to do.
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Also, go on the skincare addiction subreddit. Those people know everything.
    Yea this. Skin is so individualized.

I have their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and it gave me huge cystic acne. I also have their squalene moisturizer and it doesn't seem to do anything. Some people 100% love their stuff though.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    Yeah I did that, but found their prices super high, so a friend recommended the Ordinary. I got scared hah.

Legit the only thing I know about them is that they're Canadian (any good Canadian knows a Canadian brand lol) and that he's a whack job.

I just feel they have SO much stuff, it's almost impossible to figure out what the hell to get. I'm also not a chemist or a wannabe chemist so I'm not into the whole "build-your-own" skin potion type of thing, I got other shit to do.
    Hahaha I agree that their site can be overwhelming but I feel like they have so many things that are essentially the same it’s not so bad. I’d 100% get the granactive retinoid though.