Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you still get ready for work each morning? (Makeup &/Or Hair)

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 38.89%
  • No

3 16.67%
  • Rarely/Sometimes

8 44.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Have No Idea How I Used To Get Ready Every Morning

1. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    66.98%
    Advertisements
    I always look presentable because I work in a professional office and it is required. To me that is just shower and simple makeup in the morning. I wash my hair the night before, in the mornings it is just a comb and style and doesn't take long. Now when I work from home (like snow day today) it is sweats and slippers, I even have a glass of wine shhh. Other parts of my routine, like the gym are more of priority and make me feel good.
  2. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    55%
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    I did aquatic invasive species surveys in lakes in WI. Really, really fun, lots of technical buuuut you're also swimming all day, and the strap from the mask was rubber and kept catching my hair and ripping it out. My hair (after it got wet) went all tentacular and tangled all up in the mask. It looked horrendous, no joke. Like someone took scissors to your hair and when you hear the noise you flinch type bad.

That's so long!! I get really antsy when my hair goes past my shoulders. It's a lot of work to keep long hair! My grandma once told me that hair is only hair - it grows back, it'll grow out, so no matter what you do to it, it'll eventually go back. Black dye is a big change lol! Lobs are super cute. What's the harm if you try it out?

(Admittedly, I'm a bad influence. I'm the person in my friend group who you call to make changes like dyeing your hair, piercing something, to have go with you and do it too, lol...which is how I have ended up with weird highlights and more ear piercings)
    That sounds like an awesome job! I swear I should have moved a long time ago in order to do marine biology or something, I watch Ocean documentaries all the time and find aquatics intriguing. So the rubber band pulled most of your hair out to pixie style?

Unfortunately my sister chopped her hair off long ago and it literally hasn't grown back. And same with my mom, they have a bad hair type and I am too afraid to do mine. So, long hair it is for quite a while (:

(I'm usually a bad influence too, I have my nipples pierced and convinced my friend to get hers done lol, I have an HCH done too and she's considering it now too)
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    55%
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I always look presentable because I work in a professional office and it is required. To me that is just shower and simple makeup in the morning. I wash my hair the night before, in the mornings it is just a comb and style and doesn't take long. Now when I work from home (like snow day today) it is sweats and slippers, I even have a glass of wine shhh. Other parts of my routine, like the gym are more of priority and make me feel good.
    You ladies are making me feel like a bum lol I need to get back into this routine, I think it'll boost my confidence.
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    96.35%
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    That sounds like an awesome job! I swear I should have moved a long time ago in order to do marine biology or something, I watch Ocean documentaries all the time and find aquatics intriguing. So the rubber band pulled most of your hair out to pixie style?

Unfortunately my sister chopped her hair off long ago and it literally hasn't grown back. And same with my mom, they have a bad hair type and I am too afraid to do mine. So, long hair it is for quite a while (:

(I'm usually a bad influence too, I have my nipples pierced and convinced my friend to get hers done lol, I have an HCH done too and she's considering it now too)
    It was really, really fun in college. Now it'd probably drive me crazy from lack of solid working hours and ease of sunburns, lol. I had a nice line of broken strands in the back. The pixie cut got it short enough so it stopped catching in the rubber straps.

Oh no!! Has she tried biotin supplements? I was still growing out my ridiculous pixie for our wedding, took biotin supplements, and my nails & hair went crazy long.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    63.21%

I put sometimes...I stay home with our daughter so most days I don't do makeup or hair but if I'm leaving the house for more than a grocery store run I do makeup and hair. My full face of makeup takes like 15-20 min usually
  6. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    23.29%
    I put on makeup for class every day. How much I wear depends on how much time I have. I also do my hair, but that's only because I have bangs. Before I got them cut I just brushed my hair and went lol. Now I run a curling iron through them every morning!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123