Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: is this appropriate thread 2

1. Senior Member

is this appropriate thread 2

Advertisements
    I guessed it would be appropriate to start another thread instead of highjacking the last

is this dress okay for the navy ball? the slit?
    and if so, what kind of shoes go well? I am freakishly tall and clumsy.

“There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Answer

Ok, so, I have been to one ball and slits aren't always appropriate. I would choose a dress without a slip. Try to wear heels that are comfortable because there are a lot of ceremonial stuff. You have to sit and stand. So, don't wear shoes that will kill you. I honestly wore fancy flats because my man is 5'5" and I am 5'4".
  3. Senior Member
    That slit doesn't look high at all. I think it will be fine. It it arrives and you think the slit is too high, a tailor should be able to stitch it closed a but more, but I really don't think it's necessary. It doesn't look like it goes much above the knee, which is fine!

For shoes, I would probably go with something black and strappy. I think the straps on the model's shoes look sort of thick and clunky, so I'd go with something a bit thinner and more elegant. I think you want a heel, but it doesn't need to be super high. Would a 2" heel be comfortable for you?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    That slit doesn't look high at all. I think it will be fine. It it arrives and you think the slit is too high, a tailor should be able to stitch it closed a but more, but I really don't think it's necessary. It doesn't look like it goes much above the knee, which is fine!

For shoes, I would probably go with something black and strappy. I think the straps on the model's shoes look sort of thick and clunky, so I'd go with something a bit thinner and more elegant. I think you want a heel, but it doesn't need to be super high. Would a 2" heel be comfortable for you?
    thanks! I could do 2 inch
    it was on sale for 38 bucks!!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Looks alright; but, depends on the slit. I wouldn't let that go above the knee. Very cute!

For shoes, I just got comfy wedges and I was good because they couldn't be seen. haha.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    The slit doesn't look too bad (it's not far above the knee) especially since the relatively high neckline helps to balance it out. If you had the slit AND were showing a lot of cleavage as well, that would be different, but the dress as it is looks quite classy.

You say you're tall, so you've probably got the legs for that slit anyway.

I agree with Villanelle on the heels. Black and strappy, assuming you can find a comfortable pair.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    The slit looks fine! Wear what makes you feel good. Truly, no one is going to care what you wear except you!

life's a party, rock your body
  8. Senior Member
    The model is posing with her leg forward to show the slit. So, when you're standing normally it probably wouldn't even be noticeable.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Wear it!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"