Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Extremely dry skin

1. Senior Member

Extremely dry skin

Advertisements
    Hi all!

I just got back from visiting DB in Alaska () and about the third day I was there I noticed that my face was SUPER dry, like flaky awful dry. Now it's peeling everywhere and still dry, yuck. As far as I can think of it can be attributed to one or more of the following:

The dry air in the plane and in Anchorage
    The crappy hotel soap I used to wash my face
    The awful Equate makeup remover wipes that I bought in a travel pack and Walmart and felt like they were scraping my face

I'm using some thick natural Burts Bees lotion a couple times a day but if anyone has any advice on something faster or more effective, please let me know! It looks terrible, feels yucky, and just bugs. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    get a heavier moisturizer and put vaseline over it at night. the vaseline isn't a moisturizer but it acts as a barrier to keep the moisturizer from evaporating or rubbing off or whatever.
  3. Senior Member
    I used to get dry skin a lot especially during the winter. It got so bad that my skin would split and bleed. I would put on either lotion, olive oil, or vaseline before bed and put some cotton over it. My bad part was my hands, so I would wear cotton gloves. This traps in moisture and heat, so your hands will get really hot in the night, but that just means it's working. My hands were awful, but after a few nights they were already back to normal and after a few more nights they were super soft.
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Can you get any pawpaw ointment? That stuff is amazing for dry or cracked skin. I beat the hell out of my hands, purely as a fact of life, and Lucas' Pawpaw is outstanding.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks guys!
  6. Regular Member
    Aquaphor! Works wonders for me! but use it at night... during the day I use clinique. The only expensive thing I'll buy myself is the face lotion lol! Trader joe's has good face moisturizer too!
  7. Regular Member
    I use a combination of almond oil, castor oil, and tea tree oil as moisturizer and oil cleanser. I know the castor oil sounds weird, but it works really well.
  8. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    Are you near a Lush store? I swear by their aquamarina cleanser, full of grace serum bar and eau Roma toner spray along with aveda tulasara wedding masque at night. The cleanser is gentle and will actually put moisture into your skin as it cleanses.
  9. Regular Member
    I have chronic hives (caused by dry skin) and not only do I take meds but my dermatologist has be go on Amazon and get lotion that helps with heavy dry skin. It's called CeraVUE renewing cream. You don't need to be perscribed this but it works so well. It's rather thick and gets down into your skin all night.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone! It's almost completely cleared up now, I just had to wait for all of the dry skin to peel off.