Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyeing my hair and not too sure what to do

1. Regular Member

Dyeing my hair and not too sure what to do

Advertisements
    I have two choices. I can just put my whole head back to my natural colour, which is a very dark brown. For myself I consider that extremely boring. I'm used to either fully red or a platinum blonde and red mix. However I am getting married in July so I have to step down to something lower maintenance just for a year or so while we see how the budget settles out.
    My other choice is to do something with my normal dark colour on top so that my roots coming in doesn't show and do something ombre-ish with chocolate brown on the bottom. I'd do a red but when it fades it only looks decent for about 3 months and then it turns a raggedy looking brown. Do you think the chocolate brown on bottom would look alright and not end up tired looking like the red does? The google searches I've done make it look like it might hold up but I'm not sure.
  2. Senior Member
    I never color my hair, but last fall my cousin talked me into letting her do something for me. I decided on a balayage highlight so my hair was lightened, but still blended well with my natural color on top. I would definitely recommend doing something similar, like an ombre. It's been almost half a year, my a hair has grown out and it still looks fine, no need to go get a root touch up. Definitely way less maintenance than something like red
  3. Regular Member
    Hmm so something like a brown highlight? If your hair is like the one in your picture it looks great I can definitely ask them about it Thanks!
  4. Moderator

Purple.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZirconDragon View Post
    Hmm so something like a brown highlight? If your hair is like the one in your picture it looks great I can definitely ask them about it Thanks!
    Or your natural color fading to a lighter shade. That way you don't have to get a touch up until you want/can afford one.

My picture is actually my natural hair before I got it done. It got pretty dark before I got my highlights
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Or your natural color fading to a lighter shade. That way you don't have to get a touch up until you want/can afford one.

My picture is actually my natural hair before I got it done. It got pretty dark before I got my highlights
    Well it was very pretty then I actually ended up doing what she called a colour melt but it was basically an ombre, which was your suggestion I think. We just put my natural colour back in my roots and put a dark red brown in the rest that should last for quite awhile until we can touch up in a year. Then hopefully I can go back to the brighter reds. It's so subtle right now it's killing me. My dad was like YOU'RE SO BROWN!!! X.X

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Purple.
    lol I wish I could! Bright colours are awesome! But too high maintenance for right now. It will be a year before I can do a dye next.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Well it was very pretty then I actually ended up doing what she called a colour melt but it was basically an ombre, which was your suggestion I think. We just put my natural colour back in my roots and put a dark red brown in the rest that should last for quite awhile until we can touch up in a year. Then hopefully I can go back to the brighter reds. It's so subtle right now it's killing me. My dad was like YOU'RE SO BROWN!!! X.X
    Not to be a Debbie downer, but be prepared for that to not last. I dyed my hair reddish-brown and it was completely faded out in like a month, despite washing my hair only 2x a week with cold water.
  8. Moderator

lol I wish I could! Bright colours are awesome! But too high maintenance for right now. It will be a year before I can do a dye next.
    I tell everyone to get purple hair. I think the world looks much better in rainbows. Buuuut I suppose budget and maintenance is a reasonable consideration.
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I tell everyone to get purple hair. I think the world looks much better in rainbows. Buuuut I suppose budget and maintenance is a reasonable consideration.
    No electric blue? Slacker.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  10. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    No electric blue? Slacker.
    I usually have purple/blue hair! I just tell everyone to get purple because it's a great starter vivid- there's a shade of purple for every complexion!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast