Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Make-Up Vlogs

1. Senior Member

Make-Up Vlogs

Advertisements
    Who are you favorite vloggers on Youtube that do make-up tutorials? I need to learn how to do my make-up and get down a daily routine. I don't wear make-up, hardly ever.. But I want to start. I have no idea what I'm doing, as I've never had anyone to teach me.
  2. Senior Member
    I watch a broad variety. Nikkietutorials is one of the most popular makeup youtubers, but sometimes I prefer watching amateurs because they're more likely to use the same products as me. Lauren Curtis used to be my favorite, but I haven't watched much of her anymore. She seems to have a good mix of natural and dramatic looks though. It also helps to watch people who have similar eye or face shapes, I have slightly hooded eyes so I enjoy watching Jasmine Hand because she does tutorials on clients with hooded eyes. It also depends on what kind of looks you want to learn. I usually just search the specific thing I want to learn like eyebrows or a smokey eye.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ooh I want to know too! I want to update my look. I've been doing my makeup relatively the same for so long and I feel like beauty trends have changed a lot. I doubt I will ever be like contouring my whole face or anything but I want to change it up.
  4. Regular Member
    Omg this thread was made for me lol. I'm mad beauty vloggers weren't really a thing until I was in college because that's where I learned how to do makeup properly. My mom never wears makeup & I played sports in high school & it was kind of impractical for me, so whenever I wore makeup I had no idea what I was doing. I distinctly remember experimenting by wearing foundation that was 2 shades too dark for me & I cringe thinking about it I usually watch videos for the tips, but I'll stay/subscribe for their personality, I can only watch a boring makeup tutorial for so long haha

My faves:
    KathleenLights
    Casey Holmes
    LearningToBeFearless
    Nicole Guerriero
    ilikeweylie
    itsjudytime
    Ingrid Nilsen
    mesijesibeauty
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/3a006e1a506c9f8649f4d809726f2d43/tumblr_nwtutw4zvG1sa8ezpo8_r1_250.gif
  5. Regular Member
    Depends on what type of makeup you like..Full face or natural. i'm into more of the natural ones, but I like Casey Holmes, Mallory Ervin, Elanna Pecherle, Alexandrea Garza, SMLx0, Tati, if I want skincare advice I watch brianna stanko and if I want honest product reviews on products that are coming out/out i watch stephanie Nicole, or look at her instagram
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think my eyebrows are hopeless. I started waxing them forever ago when thinner eyebrows were cool and they will. not. grow. back.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Zoella
    Amy Lynn Thompson
    Rachloves
    Jaclyn Hill

8. Regular Member
    My faves...

RachhLoves- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK-...YBasFAe367on7w
    Madison Miller- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7E...jQhLC5pZMyQweQ
    Emilynoel83- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtC...X2fGOQ3_nomg4g

I never really bought make up until I started watching them. Everytime they use NYX, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Smashbox or brands I can find at the BX it makes me wanna go on base and get them for a cheaper price.
  9. Regular Member
    Jaclyn Hill is by far my favorite and easiest to learn from IMO.
    Although I do like MannyMUA as well, and a few others that aren't as popular but equally as good or better,
    Belle Jorden
    Faced By Natalie (she only has a few videos so far, but I really like her)
    Glam&Gore (she does a lot of fx tutorials and whatnot but she's so fun to watch!)