Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DIY natural makeup!

1. Regular Member

DIY natural makeup!

Advertisements
    Anyone make their own make-up and beauty products?

I make my own foundation, cleanser, brow filler, and eyeshadow. I am looking for ideas for lip stain and maybe even something like mascara! I've been a bit short on time lately, so all I've tried so far for lip stain is hibiscus powder. It's just a little grainy, and it doesn't last long. I just mixed it in with a little coconut oil and heated it, let it sit for a bit.
  2. Senior Member
    I've seen super pretty lip stains made from berries and a touch of olive oil! I'm really interested about your homemade foundation!
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Common alkanet/bugloss root gives a fantastic bright red dye. I've seen some old (medieval/renaissance) recipes for lip balms made with beeswax or tallow that use it, and considering it's got literally no medicinal use than would be any good for the lips, I can only assume it's the colour they wanted! I haven't tried vegan-proofing it with coconut oil, but I'm sure you could.

You might try angelica or safflower as well, though that doesn't stay for as long and the colour isn't as clear.

Yes, I'm a nerd. This is true. Mostly I look at herbs for culinary use, but sometimes I pick up other things along the way. I make muscle liniments and such, for instance.

How do you do your cleanser? My skin's going insane lately, and I'm not a fan.
    Last edited by Matchbox; 02-23-2017 at 12:10 AM.
  4. Regular Member
    Interesting ideas! I will have to try berries; maybe blackberries and raspberries.. and I believe I know where to get some alkanet root. Thanks, ladies!

As for my foundation, I make it from kaolin clay, zinc oxide, iron oxide, hibiscus, and turmeric. I buy the first four ingredients in bulk, for less than one compact of Bare Minerals....and I'm still using what I bought over a year ago. I mix it with coconut oil for a creamy sort of foundation.

And the cleanser is simply castor oil, almond oil, and tea tree oil. I massage it onto my face, then rinse as best as I can, and then wipe off any makeup remaining with a towel. Once or twice a week, I do a sugar scrub.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchamom View Post
    Interesting ideas! I will have to try berries; maybe blackberries and raspberries.. and I believe I know where to get some alkanet root. Thanks, ladies!

And the cleanser is simply castor oil, almond oil, and tea tree oil. I massage it onto my face, then rinse as best as I can, and then wipe off any makeup remaining with a towel. Once or twice a week, I do a sugar scrub.
    I have been experimenting with this. So far, I like it
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    I have been experimenting with this. So far, I like it
    Nice!! Glad it's working for you so far!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    my girlfriend does eye shadows herself