Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Esthetics

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Esthetics

Advertisements
    Has anyone gone to school for esthetics? If so, where did yo go and how long did it take? I am really interested in it. There is a Pal Mitchell new me bt I have always heard that it is not a good school to go to for esthetics.
  2. Senior Member
    I did not but I do have some friends that did, here are a few things I've heard through them.
    1) The schools can be VERY expensive out of pocket.
    2) It can be hard to find a job if you are not in a larger area and/or if you don't have some other training to go with it (ie massage therapy, hair stylist, etc)
    3) It can be a difficult career as a military spouse to constantly start over with new clientele. This only holds true if your significant other moves often.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    The little boy that I babysit, his mother is an esthetician. She went to a local school for it. Back home there is a vo tech school that has esthetician courses that a lot of girls from my graduating class went through. I'd just search local schools and look at the reviews. For how long it took though, I don't know