Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair change

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hair change

Advertisements
    Sooo I think I'm going to do something like this to my hair tomorrow!! I'm still waiting for my boss to say there's no rules regarding hair color but from what I can find there is no dress code requiring "natural" colored hair . Does anyone have any maintenance tips/tricks? I know some of you have awesome colored hair!

2. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    No maintenance tips or tricks here but that is a pretty color what is your color now?
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by cangelicious View Post
    No maintenance tips or tricks here but that is a pretty color what is your color now?
    bleach blonde so it should be an easy change!
  4. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Hopefully there is no rule against that color in the work place you will have to post before and after pictures
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I don't have any personal recommendations but I do have a friend on FB who has hair like that and she has to redye it all the time because the pastels fade so quickly. For a couple months she gave up and went grayish Are you prepared for the amount of upkeep?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by cangelicious View Post
    Hopefully there is no rule against that color in the work place you will have to post before and after pictures
    if no one answers me I'm doing it anyway dress codes should be common knowledge or atleast be posted somewhere where they can be found if they exist. The only dress code I can find says don't wear jeans, vulgar shirts and that during the day we must be in business attire.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I don't have any personal recommendations but I do have a friend on FB who has hair like that and she has to redye it all the time because the pastels fade so quickly. For a couple months she gave up and went grayish Are you prepared for the amount of upkeep?
    I'm already there doing my hair like once a month (my roots are so close to the same color as my hair that if they start to grow in it looks like I just haven't showered in a month). I txted a pic to my hairdresser and she said I could use manic panic at home to upkeep it between salon appts too Plus my hair is really porous from having been bleached so often so it holds even the spray hair color (like for Halloween etc) that is supposed to wash out forever.
  7. Moderator

Pastels do fade very quickly, but you can go to Sally Beauty and buy a thing of color and put a little bit in your conditioner so you refresh every time you wash. Don't skimp on your product budget, especially if you do something that requires this level of bleaching. Wash your hair as infrequently as you can manage and use cold water. Make sure your product is color-safe. Lovvvvvvvve lavender! I hope you do it!
  8. Regular Member
    That lavender color is very pretty! I hope it isn't against the rules! I put pink in my hair a few years back and it was just not something I could pull off. I wish I could.
  9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post

I'm already there doing my hair like once a month (my roots are so close to the same color as my hair that if they start to grow in it looks like I just haven't showered in a month). I txted a pic to my hairdresser and she said I could use manic panic at home to upkeep it between salon appts too Plus my hair is really porous from having been bleached so often so it holds even the spray hair color (like for Halloween etc) that is supposed to wash out forever.
    I'm the same type of blonde you are. I've bleached my roots for years and it holds color like no ones business. I still have a pink streak that hasn't been refreshed in six months.

I've done pastels and they do fade quicker than other colors (for me) and stay a faded drab if I don't do proper upkeep. I know people say to rinse conditioner in cold, but I shampoo and condition both in cold water. I also don't wash my hair every day..more like every three days.

I hope you do it! It's a fun look!
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    yaaaaaaas! This will look so good!

When I had my crazy skittles and rainbow and blue hair, I made sure to wash in only cold water with shampoo/conditioner that would protect the color. I used exclusively Aveda products at the time (but now I'm too poor for that shit), and swear by their stuff. Either way, it'll prob fade pretty fast but you'll look like a badass! I can't wait to see it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast