Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S/O What's your favorite mascara?

1. Senior Member

S/O What's your favorite mascara?

Advertisements
    I've tried a lot of drugstore brands. But with the Marine Ball coming up, I feel like splurging a little and buying some nice makeup at Sephora.

So, what is your favorite mascara?
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 10-04-2016 at 04:31 PM.

2. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    I've always liked Lancôme. However I was doing some online shopping and apparently sephora has a lash stash sampler. It's like multiple travel/trial size mascaras and I think 2 full size for $45. That's probably a years worth of high end mascara for the price of a tube or two. I would do that so you can find your favorite.
  3. Senior Member
    Ooooh the lash stash sampler sounds like a good idea!

4. Senior Member
    The sample sizes of expensive mascaras are almost 100% always better than the full size. Case in point: too faced better than sex, which is also my favorite. But I'll literally only ever buy it in the sample size, I heard it actually works out to be a better value and I hated the full size. I also really like make up for ever's smokey extravagant or something with the cone shaped brush but a lot of people hate it. I also got a sample of nars audacious a while back and i really liked it, too.

Benefit mascaras are always hit or miss. Like they're real mascara is a cult favorite but when I wear it it looks like I didn't even put mascara on, and then it's a bitch and a half to remove. I haven't tried rollerlash but that's another one that people seem divided on.
  5. Senior Member
    Random funny story.

So, when I got married I decided to try fake eyelashes because I can never find mascara to really give me the BAM look. I was getting my makeup done by a girl who, at the time, also worked at Clinique so I was already in the mall. She told me to go to the MAC counter and get the lashes there because her friend was working and would do a great job.

I go buy the lashes and THEN they tell me they didn't have time to put them on. The girl who did my makeup didn't feel comfortable applying them so I randomly walked to the Lancome counter and asked if they could apply them. They said 'Oh sure, we do it all the time!'. She GLUED MY EYELASHES TOGETHER. Like, together. It was so awful. I was laughing the whole time but I'm fairly certain the girl was about to cry, especially after she found out it was my wedding day.

Anywho, they finally got them off of me and put on complimentary mascara instead.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about they're real! mascara. But if I'm buying pricy mascara I definitely want it to look like I have makeup on!

I honestly didn't know mascaras came in sample sizes so I'm exited to try a few different ones.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Random funny story.

So, when I got married I decided to try fake eyelashes because I can never find mascara to really give me the BAM look. I was getting my makeup done by a girl who, at the time, also worked at Clinique so I was already in the mall. She told me to go to the MAC counter and get the lashes there because her friend was working and would do a great job.

I go buy the lashes and THEN they tell me they didn't have time to put them on. The girl who did my makeup didn't feel comfortable applying them so I randomly walked to the Lancome counter and asked if they could apply them. They said 'Oh sure, we do it all the time!'. She GLUED MY EYELASHES TOGETHER. Like, together. It was so awful. I was laughing the whole time but I'm fairly certain the girl was about to cry, especially after she found out it was my wedding day.

Anywho, they finally got them off of me and put on complimentary mascara instead.
    Oh noooo! It was your wedding day?! You poor thing! That's awful!

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Oh noooo! It was your wedding day?! You poor thing! That's awful!
    yeah, it was a last minute decision. My preview makeup was just regular mascara (I don't remember the brand she used) and I wasn't a fan. Why I thought hooker lashes from MAC were a better idea, I just don't know.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

I have been using the Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara and I really like it.
  10. Senior Member
    I am pretty sure I've tried every mascara ever. All the cult favorites, and all the others, too. haha But I always seem to go back to Lancome's Definicils.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast