Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LuLaRoe – Finding “unicorn” leggings

1. Senior Member

LuLaRoe – Finding “unicorn” leggings

Advertisements
    So I’m still new to this LuLaRoe thing, and I’m really only interested in the leggings. I’ve joined a couple of groups that are run by women at my base; but they only get a few new leggings each week, and no matter how quick I am, someone always manages to get the 1 pair of leggings I’m interested in. So what’s the trick to getting what I want? Do most of you join a ton of groups? Is it better to follow big groups or small groups and multi-consultant groups? And why do they only keep their inventory up for 24 hours?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    So I’m still new to this LuLaRoe thing, and I’m really only interested in the leggings. I’ve joined a couple of groups that are run by women at my base; but they only get a few new leggings each week, and no matter how quick I am, someone always manages to get the 1 pair of leggings I’m interested in. So what’s the trick to getting what I want? Do most of you join a ton of groups? Is it better to follow big groups or small groups and multi-consultant groups? And why do they only keep their inventory up for 24 hours?
    I follow a lot of sellers and mostly larger groups (individual sellers with thousands of pieces) and a few smaller ones. Also if there is a preview or something and I know someone is posting something I want I will be on my phone at the exact second they say the party is opening so I can comment as soon as the picture is posted. To the bolded: most shops that I know don't do that and have their inventory up constantly--it seems like it is a smaller/newer consultant thing to take it down and put it up in a traditional "party" style.
  3. Senior Member
    I think I'm following around 4 groups. One of the consultants is new so she'll just post inventory randomly and she never gets anything cute . Is it true that they don't know what they'll get, or do they somehow reward more successful consultants with better prints?

Another consultant is super organized, she does 24 hr pop ups, and has 1,000+ followers. She always gets a few prints I like each week, but she likes to put the "unicorns" in blind bags so you'll buy them and you won't know what you're getting (I'm assuming she does so that she can get rid of some leggings that aren't selling). During the pop up her albums slowly (I'm talking around 40 minutes) load in a certain order. So I'll refresh the computer 100 times and still miss the leggings I want by a few seconds.

Then the 2 other consultants like to do live pop ups and those are just annoying. Way too much talking Lol

I just want to buy some cute leggings, but they're not making it easy on me!

4. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I was floored when I found out it takes like $5k to start and you don't get to pick anything, they send you a set inventory.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I was floored when I found out it takes like $5k to start and you don't get to pick anything, they send you a set inventory.
    It's crazy. The 1st consultant I mentioned told me she made her 5K back the first month. But I hate that the consultants don't know what they'll get because what can you do with a lot of ugly prints that no one wants? I wonder if LuLaRoe buys them back? Probably not.

6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Try ebay? There is like 15,000 listings for LuLaRue leggings.
  7. Senior Member
    Lmao this is why I can't get into this. I'm not gonna compete to own wacky leggings! There are a few prints I've seen that I kinda like but it's so stressful
  8. Senior Member
    I have found the best way is to find a local consultant that gets inventory that will let you shop before she posts her inventory online. You could post on a local yardsale page looking for consultants. We have a HUGE one here. I'm having a pop up with her this Sunday and she is getting 5 boxes just for my popup.. 3 of those being leggings. I have gotten a lot from her.

I have also recently found a company called fabulegs, and I like their leggings. A lady owns it and she seems to mock a lot of the unicorn prints that LLR has. They seem to be a bit thinner to me, but still so soft and comfy.

Also, I don't tend to shop at Wal-Mart so I don't know if this is true, but there have been a lot of posts on the big BST groups about walmart now having leggings that feel just like LLR and seem to be better quality for like 5.00.. They have Halloween prints which is what I see everyone posting. They are cute, too.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Try ebay? There is like 15,000 listings for LuLaRue leggings.
    Have you been on ebay? The cool prints that don't look ridiculous go for $45-$100 when they are only worth $25. The consultant I talked to called the eBay sellers "flippers" because they buy all the good stuff then head over to eBay to jack up the prices. Those people suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lmao this is why I can't get into this. I'm not gonna compete to own wacky leggings! There are a few prints I've seen that I kinda like but it's so stressful
    I'm about to give up too! It's crazy what this has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I have found the best way is to find a local consultant that gets inventory that will let you shop before she posts her inventory online. You could post on a local yardsale page looking for consultants. We have a HUGE one here. I'm having a pop up with her this Sunday and she is getting 5 boxes just for my popup.. 3 of those being leggings. I have gotten a lot from her.

I have also recently found a company called fabulegs, and I like their leggings. A lady owns it and she seems to mock a lot of the unicorn prints that LLR has. They seem to be a bit thinner to me, but still so soft and comfy.

Also, I don't tend to shop at Wal-Mart so I don't know if this is true, but there have been a lot of posts on the big BST groups about walmart now having leggings that feel just like LLR and seem to be better quality for like 5.00.. They have Halloween prints which is what I see everyone posting. They are cute, too.
    Thank you this was very helpful!

10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I've seen them and they feel awesome but I don't have time to sit in a party and try to get what I want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast