Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LuLaRoe – Finding “unicorn” leggings

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I don't think big groups or small sellers are necessarily better. I think that if you want really specific things, you just have to be patient and stalk every group you can. If you build a relationship with a seller, she may eventually contact you first about things. A friend of mine is a photographer and told me last night that her local LLR person called to let her know she got in a pair of camera leggings and would set them aside if my friend wanted them. But it generally takes time to build a relationship like that, and it still really only works if there is something super specific you want.

If it doesn't have to be LLR, you can check out Agnes&Dora. The sales model is pretty similar (mostly online, though multi-level marketing, even if they don't like to call it that). I don't actually have any of their leggings, but friends that do swear they feel just like LLR. I have several of their other pieces and I actually think the quality is better than LLR. And all their dresses have pockets, which is great. It's slightly different than LLR in that I thin consultants actually get to pick their items. (With LLR, they get to say how many of what size in what style, but the prints are random. With A&D, they actually order 4 Large Curie dresses in the navy polka dot print, or whatever.) The prints are still limited, but I don't think as limited as LLR, and many sellers will do pre-sales where they show an item/print that is available and if you commit to it, they will purchase is specifically for you.

I also like the shapes of their pieces a bit more. LLR prides itself on being "modest" and is run by a Mormon woman (or so I'm told) who really values that. A&D isn't slutty by any means, but they actually have items with vee-necks, for example, which I find much more flattering. Their Curie dress is my favorite. I'm just trying to find more prints that I love. (Admitedly, overall I like LLR prints better, but there are gems with A&D. Until recently they had a ton of florals, which just aren't me, and now they have a lot of plaids which are super cute but vertical stripes get wonky on my giant boobs.)

Here's a link to a multi-consultant A&D group. (And you can find a ton of other individual consultants either via that group or just by searching Agnes & Dora on Facebook). I'm not affiliated in any way; just passing it along.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I don't think big groups or small sellers are necessarily better. I think that if you want really specific things, you just have to be patient and stalk every group you can. If you build a relationship with a seller, she may eventually contact you first about things. A friend of mine is a photographer and told me last night that her local LLR person called to let her know she got in a pair of camera leggings and would set them aside if my friend wanted them. But it generally takes time to build a relationship like that, and it still really only works if there is something super specific you want.

If it doesn't have to be LLR, you can check out Agnes&Dora. The sales model is pretty similar (mostly online, though multi-level marketing, even if they don't like to call it that). I don't actually have any of their leggings, but friends that do swear they feel just like LLR. I have several of their other pieces and I actually think the quality is better than LLR. And all their dresses have pockets, which is great. It's slightly different than LLR in that I thin consultants actually get to pick their items. (With LLR, they get to say how many of what size in what style, but the prints are random. With A&D, they actually order 4 Large Curie dresses in the navy polka dot print, or whatever.) The prints are still limited, but I don't think as limited as LLR, and many sellers will do pre-sales where they show an item/print that is available and if you commit to it, they will purchase is specifically for you.

I also like the shapes of their pieces a bit more. LLR prides itself on being "modest" and is run by a Mormon woman (or so I'm told) who really values that. A&D isn't slutty by any means, but they actually have items with vee-necks, for example, which I find much more flattering. Their Curie dress is my favorite. I'm just trying to find more prints that I love. (Admitedly, overall I like LLR prints better, but there are gems with A&D. Until recently they had a ton of florals, which just aren't me, and now they have a lot of plaids which are super cute but vertical stripes get wonky on my giant boobs.)

Here's a link to a multi-consultant A&D group. (And you can find a ton of other individual consultants either via that group or just by searching Agnes & Dora on Facebook). I'm not affiliated in any way; just passing it along.
    Thank you for this! I'm going to look at them, I like LLR I just don't have the time to stalk groups and be competitive.
  3. Senior Member
    Vill, I'll have to check them out. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12