Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Winter boots?

1. Senior Member

Winter boots?

Advertisements
    What are some good brands for cute but functional winter boots? This coming up winter will be my first in about 8 years with actual winter weather. (After living in Vegas I have like 15 pairs of sandals! LOL)
    I know I'll need something substantial for a mixed bag of cold temps, snow, ice..........
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Senior Member
    Do you get a lot of snow in the winter?

I love my Sorel boots! They've gotten me through a blizzard and the harsh New England winters when I'm out shoveling snow. But if you're not in the snow then most winter boots will be fine. A lot of people up here wear the LL Bean boot too.

3. Regular Member
    I have a pair of leather UGG boots and they're great. I've had them for years. LL Bean boots are great as well.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

I love my Sorel boots! They've gotten me through a blizzard and the harsh New England winters when I'm out shoveling snow. But if you're not in the snow then most winter boots will be fine. A lot of people up here wear the LL Bean boot too.
    I second Sorel! even here in DC in the ice they are very helpful in the ice.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Definitely not uggs!

Check out sorel, merrell, and teva!

life's a party, rock your body
  6. Senior Member
    Sorels.

I do love my Uggs in the winter, but only when it isn't wet or icy. They are very warm, but they are not waterproof and don't have very good traction. I wore them on days I was parking in a plowed parking lot and walking up to a place of business. If there was any chance of ice or snow, they weren't the right choice.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Banned
    Banned

Puke

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Sorels.

I do love my Uggs in the winter, but only when it isn't wet or icy. They are very warm, but they are not waterproof and don't have very good traction. I wore them on days I was parking in a plowed parking lot and walking up to a place of business. If there was any chance of ice or snow, they weren't the right choice.
    I agree a pair of good boots can go the distance, if you wear them correctly. Probably why I love my timberlands. There is nothing like knowing you have a good pair of boots to count-on.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

I don't know yet. Haven't been thru a winter yet in our new location. People I've asked what winter is like here have said that it can really vary: Last year not much snow but super cold and other years was a ton of snow.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

9. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    Steger mukluks. Love mine! I know people that have gotten over 20 years out of a pair so it's worth the price tag.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I agree a nice strong pair of boots usually make the difference. Eventually, I'll have to get a pair of Sorels. My (BIL and SlL ) l have several pair.