Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air drying hair

1. Senior Member

Air drying hair

Advertisements
    I have to blow dry my hair every single day or it's really flat and frizzy. If I blow it dry it's basically stick straight, if I leave it alone it's got some bends to it. What can I do to make it dry nicer? I like the texture I get when I let it air dry but the frizz really bothers me. Oil doesn't contain the frizz at all, and I try not to touch it. What else could I try?

I bought Bumble & Bumble's don't blow it but it won't be delivered until Thursday.
  2. Senior Member
    Have you tried it's a 10 leave in conditioner? It's supposed to control the frizz. I have straight hair and I spray the product on my damp hair then comb it through and let it air dry. And I once read it's better to comb wet hair than brushing it. That could affect the way it dries.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Have you tried it's a 10 leave in conditioner? It's supposed to control the frizz. I have straight hair and I spray the product on my damp hair then comb it through and let it air dry. And I once read it's better to comb wet hair than brushing it. That could affect the way it dries.
    Wide tooth combs are the best!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Nah I haven't. I'll see how this BB stuff works and if it doesn't solve my problem maybe I'll pick that up next.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I Eelizah
  6. Senior Member
    I love air drying my hair too because of the texture and volume I get when I do. When I blow dry my hair is super straight. I generally don't have problems with frizz, but I did when I was younger and used the Aussie no frizz spray I believe.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Wide tooth combs are the best!

8. Senior Member
    I use the wide tooth comb and the its a 10 products. I have a similar issue but mine is super thick and frizzy. If I were to blow dry it every morning it would take at least an hour. And I could never let it air dry because the volume would be out of control. I started washing my hair at night and then just styling in the morning when its dry. You might want to change up the shampoo as well and see if there is one that gives more volume with heat.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I use the wide tooth comb and the its a 10 products. I have a similar issue but mine is super thick and frizzy. If I were to blow dry it every morning it would take at least an hour. And I could never let it air dry because the volume would be out of control. I started washing my hair at night and then just styling in the morning when its dry. You might want to change up the shampoo as well and see if there is one that gives more volume with heat.
    I used to have the same issue but I bought a t3 featherweight dryer and it still amazes me at least once a week That's what started me blow drying my hair every day. My hair is straight but still super thick but I can get it dry in under five minutes now, and it's smooth and shiny every time.

I've tried lots of volumizing shampoos but they all make my hair feel disgusting. And I mostly want to air dry my hair not for the texture, but just to simplify my routine. I'm sick of doing this all the time, I want to be a wash and go person.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I used a product awhile back from Paul Mitchell. Can't remember the name of it but it was purple and white swirls lol. My hair was permed (huge mistake) and I'd just throw that in my hair wet and scrunch it a little and it would dry without frizz or crunch. Perhaps a smoothing serum like that would work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast