Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micellar water.

1. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Micellar water.

Advertisements
    Has anyone tried this? I heard really good things about the Bioderma brand one and decided to try it but Ulta was out so I bought the Garnier one instead. Until tonight, I was convinced that this product was a dud and was... water. It's supposed to be really gentle but after using it to take off my makeup tonight my skin is irritated and i have a few red spots which is saying a lot since i'm black... Also my eyelids itch. I didn't do else different than any other night.

Any thoughts?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I tried the same one you did and it def burned my eyes the few times I have used it. I now only use it on drunk nights when I can't manage to actually wash my face without getting my hair stuck in my clarisonic haha
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I use Bioderma and love it. I've never heard of Ulta carrying it but you can order it from Beautylish. They have the actual best customer service IMO.
  4. Senior Member
    I really want to try bioderma but it's expensive so I always talk myself out of it haha. I've heard none of the drugstore/american brands compare though so I haven't bothered with any of them.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I really want to try bioderma but it's expensive so I always talk myself out of it haha. I've heard none of the drugstore/american brands compare though so I haven't bothered with any of them.
    It really is the shit. I use it to take off my make-up (eye make-up included) at the end of the day. Then I use a cleanser just to make sure my skin is actually clean. I use it in the AM to get any residue (what? ew) off of my skin. It has never once caused irritation, itching, or anything. I've used it twice a day every day for about a year and a half (since Beautylish started carrying it) and haven't looked back. Dooooo itttttt.
  6. Senior Member
    I have the Garnier one and love it. My skin has never felt so clean after removing makeup. I have a makeup remover lotion that was almost as good but the micellar water really does seem to grab all the makeup and take it away instead of just smearing all over my face. So sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to it!
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    I use Bioderma and love it. I've never heard of Ulta carrying it but you can order it from Beautylish. They have the actual best customer service IMO.
    It's on their website so I just assumed it would be in store. Definitely gonna give the bioderma one a shot. Kind of hoping they sell a travel size just in case, hahah
  8. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks, all!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    It's on their website so I just assumed it would be in store. Definitely gonna give the bioderma one a shot. Kind of hoping they sell a travel size just in case, hahah
    That's great to know! I love ordering from Beauty list, but Ulta would be so much more convenient
  10. Senior Member
    And this is how I know I'm not very feminine when I didn't even know there's a special water for taking off makeup. All I do is mascara and eye liner, rarely eye shadow. I have makeup remover cream, but 99% of the time I don't take off what little makeup I put on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast