Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first military ball

1. Regular Member

My first military ball

Advertisements
    Hey guys!
    In July, I am attending my first military ball. I am so nervous and stressed out about buying the perfect dress that I am coming to you.
    For past 4 weeks, I have not been doing anything but looking at dresses. i researched lots of blogs and advice and I am getting even more nervous.
    Anyways, my boyfriend and I want to match and I found some lots of dresses I liked and after several weeks, I am down to 6 dresses to choose from
    I would like to hear your opinions! Just to give you an idea, I am 5'3, size 16, curvy and busty. The dress color will be dark navy.

Navy Blue Chiffon Illusion Sweetheart Long Gown 2016 Prom Dresses | Unique Prom
    TS Couture® Formal Evening / Military Ball Dress - Black Plus Sizes / Petite Sheath/Column One Shoulder Floor-length Chiffon 699429 2016 – $138.99
    TS Couture® Formal Evening / Prom / Military Ball Dress - Regency Plus Sizes / Petite Sheath/Column V-neck Sweep/Brush Train Chiffon 633262 2016 – $97.29
    TS Couture® Formal Evening / Prom / Military Ball Dress - Daffodil Plus Sizes / Petite Sheath/Column One Shoulder Court Train Chiffon 493589 2016 – $152.89
    TS Couture® Formal Evening / Military Ball Dress - Silver Plus Sizes / Petite A-line Sweetheart Floor-length Chiffon 699383 2016 – $152.89
    TS Couture® Formal Evening / Prom / Military Ball Dress - Gold Plus Sizes / Petite Sheath/Column Sweetheart Floor-length Chiffon 633253 2016 – $166.79

Thank you!
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I like the first and fourth ones best.

Have you looked at Rent the Runway? I'm always nervous when I buy dresses online in case the sizes are wrong or it doesn't fit quite right, but RTR offers a backup size which I love. Plus, you can see reviews of people wearing the dress so you can see what it looks like on someone with a similar body type.
  3. Senior Member
    I like #1 and 3 looks like it would be very flattering. If you're busty, you might want to stay away from strapless.
  4. Senior Member
    I would stay away from the strapless two. My pick would be number 1. Very classy!
  5. Regular Member
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yes, the first one is my favorite as well. Chiffon feels like a romantic material to me...is that weird? But, I second Kittens, rent the runway could be a great option as well.
  7. Senior Member
    #1 is lovely! Very classy!
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I like the first and fourth ones best.

Have you looked at Rent the Runway? I'm always nervous when I buy dresses online in case the sizes are wrong or it doesn't fit quite right, but RTR offers a backup size which I love. Plus, you can see reviews of people wearing the dress so you can see what it looks like on someone with a similar body type.
    I would love to rent!!! We are in Germany though and I have visited lots of places and all I saw were ugly dresses at very high rate. That is why I need to order online. I am fine with having it altered once it arrives.
    I love number 1 as well...I eliminated all the strapless ones. Did anyone liked number 2?
    and BTW - I totally love chiffon too!
  9. Senior Member
    Number 2 feels strapless to me. I know it isn't but it gives off the strapless look. I still think number 1 is the clear winner for me
  10. Senior Member
    I liked #3

I did want to mention that a good majority of the girls will be in dresses that match the uniform. You don't have to be matchy-matchy unless you really want to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast