Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy boots

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

Cowboy boots

Advertisements
    I'm in a wedding in October, I ordered my dress and talked shoes with the bride, she's thinking boots, to be specific cowboy boots. I've been looking online and I'm kinda overwhelmed. The criteria is brown boots, and I'm seeing a lot that are adorable just not really able to picture with the dress to add to the fact that I've never bought them so I don't know a thing about what I'm looking for.

Here's the dress, can some one help me??

2. Moderator

It kind of depends how much you are willing to spend. I only know about Ariats and Justin's. I wear strictly Ariats, the fat baby ones. My daughter wears both, but Justin's to the barn. We have to size down on them also. They are pricey boots though.

If you want something cheap, I'm really not sure where to get them. But, read reviews on the sizing. Some big stores, like Target, might not have them in season right now.
  3. Senior Member
    Cowboy boots are a big part of my life (literally because I have horses ). Are you looking for more high end boots or a knock off brand (much cheaper this way!)
    If you're looking for a high quality then I recommend Ariat. Justin's are also really nice, but they don't fit me the way Ariats do. If you plan on wearing them after the wedding, then I would definetly go with Ariat, they last forever.
    If you're looking for something more on the cheaper end, then try JC Penny or even Rack Room Shoes. I have found a decent pair of more "stylish" brown ones from both of those stores.
  4. Senior Member
    I have a pair of Airats that are really nice. I got them as a gift from my MIL so I have no clue what she spent.

EDIT: Just googled it and damn they're expensive!

What's your budget?

5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post
    Cowboy boots are a big part of my life (literally because I have horses ). Are you looking for more high end boots or a knock off brand (much cheaper this way!)
    If you're looking for a high quality then I recommend Ariat. Justin's are also really nice, but they don't fit me the way Ariats do. If you plan on wearing them after the wedding, then I would definetly go with Ariat, they last forever.
    If you're looking for something more on the cheaper end, then try JC Penny or even Rack Room Shoes. I have found a decent pair of more "stylish" brown ones from both of those stores.
    I've never worn them before so this is kinda my test run. I think they look adorable and I'm a country girl so my friend was really shocked I didn't have some already, but I'm cheap so I guess no big shocker really. I've worn my current boots to absolute death and still wearing them
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I have a pair of Airats that are really nice. I got them as a gift from my MIL so I have no clue what she spent.

EDIT: Just googled it and damn they're expensive!

What's your budget?
    Right now my budget is cheap, I've had some unexpected expenses, but my 2nd job starts next Monday so I have some time to save up. I just don't want to wait till the last minute to get shoes.
  7. Senior Member
    What about these?

Volatile Denver Cowboy Boot | DSW

I love DSW and they actually have a small selection of cowboy boots for under $70
    Womens Cowboy Boots | DSW.com

8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    What about these?

Volatile Denver Cowboy Boot | DSW

I love DSW and they actually have a small selection of cowboy boots for under $70
    Womens Cowboy Boots | DSW.com
    Thank you!!! I just looked at their stuff and pinned a ton of it!
  9. Senior Member
    Yay! Glad to help

10. Senior Member
    My only advice about cowboy boots is to always, always try them on before buying or order from somewhere with free returns. The sizing (especially of pricier brands) is very brand specific and throat size can make you look like a stuffed sausage or two sticks in two buckets depending on the brand.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast