Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Work out wear

1. Senior Member

Work out wear

Advertisements
    DH and I have been taking walks and jogging a little. Excercising is something we've been wanting to do for a long time, we're trying to take a step in the right direction. (HA! Pun intended!)
    One thing though: I have nothing to wear. Normally I wear my ratty old sweatpants and they are a bit too thick and heavy, its getting warm out here in the West. I'd love to find some work out pants that perhaps a bit more flattering than the sweats.
    Also preferably not super expensive too. I looked online at some work out wear and holy crap, some were super spendy. Any ideas for brands or good places to look?

Thanks!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Marshalls and TJ Maxx always have great deals on brand name stuff! I barely ever pay full retail for workout clothes!
  3. Senior Member

Ross'. Tj maxx. Marshall's. And if you're willing to pay more for a brand then Victoria secret has some good sports bras.
  4. Senior Member
    Target and TJMaxx.

5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Also wanted to add that I'm a pretty die-hard Nike fan and wear the Pro II Compression capris every time I workout. They're a little pricey but I try to get them on sale (They're ~$35 a pair regular price but seem to go on sale fairly often through eBay, Amazon, Dick's, and Sports Authority) and they last for-ev-er. They're amazing quality, flattering, and stay put during cardio and lifting, even long distance running. I splurge with my Nike pants and get the $6 clearance sports bras at Target, $8 Under Armour sock packs at TJ Maxx/Marshall's, and the clearance workout tank tops.
  6. Senior Member
    I love Target's workout clothes. Thats pretty much the only place I shop for my stuff.
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Marshalls and TJ Maxx always have great deals on brand name stuff! I barely ever pay full retail for workout clothes!
    Agree! TJ Maxx is great! If you catch Kohl's during their massive clearance sales you can get some good workout gear at a steep discount too.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Target and TJMaxx.
    I tend to get my sports bras @ Target -- their Champion line is comfortable and last a long time. (I'll admit, I am a life long member of the IBTC so if you have big ol' thangs you'll probably need something a little more substantial.)

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Senior Member
    I get most of my workout clothes at Target and Kohls.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Agree! TJ Maxx is great! If you catch Kohl's during their massive clearance sales you can get some good workout gear at a steep discount too.

I tend to get my sports bras @ Target -- their Champion line is comfortable and last a long time. (I'll admit, I am a life long member of the IBTC so if you have big ol' thangs you'll probably need something a little more substantial.)
    That's where I get my sports bras too because Target makes sports bras with cup sizes. I'm pretty busty and their bras keep the girls completely in place when I'm running.

10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Old Navy when they have sales on their workout stuff and like basically everyone else said... Target. right now Target where I am is having 50% and 75% off of their long sleeve champion etc because they're getting in the shorts and tank tops. Might be worth it to check it out.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3