Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coconut oil

1. Regular Member

coconut oil

Advertisements
    I use coconut oil to cook with but all are so appreciating it as a beauty all round talent. does anyone of you have experience using coconut oil as a hair mask or face mask or anything else? I have a lot problems with dry skin and hair and until now no cream or any beauty product really helped to give me a healthy looking skin.
  2. Senior Member
    I think it can work for some people, but I don't really like it. It had no noticeable effect on my hair and I didn't find it particularly moisturizing for my skin either, it just kind of slides around without absorbing. It's worth trying though since you already have it on hand.
  3. Senior Member
    I used coconut oil for my hair but I ended up transitioning to peppermint oil. Scalp felt like it was stimulated and it kept my hair strong when I was natural.

What is your current skin and hair routine? Do you have a protein treatment? How often do you apply heat on your hair (and do you use protection).
    With skin, are you currently moisturizing your skin after you bathe/shower?
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Coconut oil is pretty comedogenic (clogs pores) so some people have issues with it on their face. I use a conditioner with lots of coconut oil in it and my hair loves it though. I don't use it straight though.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I didn't feel like it did much for my hair and stayed out the surface making everything my head touched oily. I will say that it is great for putting on your feet and covering with socks overnight. I prefer almond oil if I'm using something on my face.
  6. Senior Member
    I use coconut oil for my skin. I use it after I get out of the shower and it has really helped my skin. My nose gets really dry and will peel and sometimes my face will feel like leather. I started using coconut oil after every shower and it has made a huge difference. My husband had a smoothie that he drank daily when he was home, I added the coconut oil to the smoothie and it helped his dry skin that way. I'd say at least try it, it's just like any other product. It works for some where as it may not work for others.
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I oil pull with coconut oil in the morning from time to time. I haven't noticed any difference when it comes to that being a "detox", but it whitens teeth really effectively. I use in in my hair in the spring and summer, but I live in Ohio and when the temp drops, it can make your hair feel stiff because it goes back to being a solid when you're outside. It's makes your legs super soft if you smooth it on after you shave.
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    I oil pull with coconut oil in the morning from time to time. I haven't noticed any difference when it comes to that being a "detox", but it whitens teeth really effectively. I use in in my hair in the spring and summer, but I live in Ohio and when the temp drops, it can make your hair feel stiff because it goes back to being a solid when you're outside. It's makes your legs super soft if you smooth it on after you shave.
    I will try that for after shaving my legs. That is a good idea. Thank you
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I use coconut oil for my skin. I use it after I get out of the shower and it has really helped my skin. My nose gets really dry and will peel and sometimes my face will feel like leather. I started using coconut oil after every shower and it has made a huge difference. My husband had a smoothie that he drank daily when he was home, I added the coconut oil to the smoothie and it helped his dry skin that way. I'd say at least try it, it's just like any other product. It works for some where as it may not work for others.
    I also have very dry skin especially in winter and I just love the coconut smell.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    I didn't feel like it did much for my hair and stayed out the surface making everything my head touched oily. I will say that it is great for putting on your feet and covering with socks overnight. I prefer almond oil if I'm using something on my face.
    Thank you. Since they hype cocnut oil I am just curious but doesn´t wanna waste it for senseless procedure. So hair is out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast