Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coconut oil

1. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Coconut oil is pretty comedogenic (clogs pores) so some people have issues with it on their face. I use a conditioner with lots of coconut oil in it and my hair loves it though. I don't use it straight though.
    are you using the oil only at the end of your hair or on your whole head?
  2. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    I used coconut oil for my hair but I ended up transitioning to peppermint oil. Scalp felt like it was stimulated and it kept my hair strong when I was natural.

What is your current skin and hair routine? Do you have a protein treatment? How often do you apply heat on your hair (and do you use protection).
    With skin, are you currently moisturizing your skin after you bathe/shower?
    I currently use only some face masks around 2 times a week for dry skin. I use also OLAZ regenerist and sometimes Vaseline over night if my skin is very dry. For my hair I have a regular shampoo from GUHL (the only shampoo who helps my long hair). I wash every 2 days otherwise it looks dirty. I do not more for my hair besides shampoo and conditioner. For my skin I do a coffee peeling every week and after shower I use a bodylotion from dove. Without a lotion my skin would be very dry and itchy. I have dry skin and dry hair and as a woman it is just frustrating
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think it can work for some people, but I don't really like it. It had no noticeable effect on my hair and I didn't find it particularly moisturizing for my skin either, it just kind of slides around without absorbing. It's worth trying though since you already have it on hand.
    you are right I will try it in the next days and will see what happens...or not. I just donīt wanna waste the coconut oil that why I asked other women
  4. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    12.68%
    What worked even better than coconut oil for me was a spray bottle with jojoba oil as a base and then about 10 drops of lavender and peppermint oil! You can use fractionated coconut oil at a base too (: it made my hair so soft. I added a small amount of lavender oil with my coconut oil for skin too
  5. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    so I tried... besides the yummy coconut smell, nothing happend so far but I found a nice almond facelotion which seems to help
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake5615 View Post
    I currently use only some face masks around 2 times a week for dry skin. I use also OLAZ regenerist and sometimes Vaseline over night if my skin is very dry. For my hair I have a regular shampoo from GUHL (the only shampoo who helps my long hair). I wash every 2 days otherwise it looks dirty. I do not more for my hair besides shampoo and conditioner. For my skin I do a coffee peeling every week and after shower I use a bodylotion from dove. Without a lotion my skin would be very dry and itchy. I have dry skin and dry hair and as a woman it is just frustrating
    I was having a problem with dry skin on my face and it gets pretty bad in the winter. I would moisturize at night if my skin got really dry, but that never made much of a difference. But about a month ago, I started using a night cream EVERY night before I go to bed and it has made a world of difference. I have sensitive skin too and this cream doesn't irritate my skin. I also put on a daytime moisturizer (neutrogena) every morning.

7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    45.33%
    I'm used to apply it on my hair and scalp for dandruff. It's effective though I hate that my hair is too oily lol.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%
    My girlfriend uses coconut oil for hair. It works great, moisturizes and smoothes her hair love touching them!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    do you use coconut oil for cooking?
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    62.7%
    It's a terrible cooking oil. Very unhealthy.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12