Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fashion tape?

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

Fashion tape?

Advertisements
    I have a short girl problem, most of my jeans are too long and I have to wear them with heels. I saw this Hollywood Temporary Hem Tape Strips, 18 count - Walmart.com but wondered if maybe fashion tape wouldn't work as well? I'd like something temporary so I can wear my jeans with flats or heels.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm interested to know how this works if you try it, I'm also vertically challenged so must of my pants are to long as well...

3. Senior Member
    oh yes - I'm curious now too!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My sister uses the hem tape often. I'm not sure about fashion tape. Is there any reason why you wouldn't just get the hem tape?
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    My sister uses the hem tape often. I'm not sure about fashion tape. Is there any reason why you wouldn't just get the hem tape?
    Only 18 in a pack for $8 and I figured the fashion tape came in a roll like scotch tape may get more out of it then the other. Also when I looked online my wal-mart doesn't have it and I don't have time to order it.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I use hem tape that comes on a roll - you iron it on and it holds pretty good though so not sure about being able to easily pull your pants apart if you want them long again.

Edit - this is what I use - http://www.michaels.com/10407577.htm...m+tape&start=1

Looks like they have it in Regular strength too, so maybe that would be better for wanting to make them long again
    ~Becca~

7. Senior Member
    I've used Hollywood fashion tape to fake hem dress pants, it works fine for a temporary thing like that but I don't think it would survive a whole day. Just hem your jeans
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've used Hollywood fashion tape to fake hem dress pants, it works fine for a temporary thing like that but I don't think it would survive a whole day. Just hem your jeans
    Plus the bottom of the jean leg is going to be obviously missing the traditional jean hem. I think it will look weird and be kind of obvious.

I have some jeans that are hemmed for flats and some for heels. That's really the only good way to do it. Since I mostly wear flats because we live in places with a ton of walking, most are hemmed to so I can wear with flats or low heels (like a bootie with a 1" heel). But I have two pairs that go with higher heels. And boyfriend jeans, which I can just roll and unroll as necessary.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm on the tall side, but tall jeans can be too long sometimes and regular too short sometimes. I solved my problem by only wearing skinny jeans because they all easily go with heels or flats. And, I just personally prefer skinny jeans so it works.
  10. Senior Member
    As some one who is too short for even "short" jeans I second the just hem them idea. I really need to learn how to do that myself... Totally worth it in the end (I also have duplicates of jeans I love so I can hem them for heels and for flats lol).