Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Skincare Routine?

1. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Whats Your Skincare Routine?

Advertisements
    I know we have had similar threads in the past but I am always curious (nosey) about what people are using for their skin care. Mainly because I love to try new things and see what other people love.

Here is mine:

Morning- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser and Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer

Night- Makeup Forever Sens'Eyes makeup remover (not loving it), Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer, Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil. Then sometimes at night I will do a mask/sheet mask between my cleanser and moisturizer.

Whats your routine?
  2. Senior Member
    Morning: cerave foaming cleanser, some Japanese or Korean sunscreen idk, cerave in the tub
    Evening: same cleanser, pocketderm/curology prescription, cerave in the tub again

I'm not crazy about cerave products tbh but they're easily accessible so I usually like philosophy purity made simple but the last bottle I got smelled weird so I'm turned off for now.
  3. Senior Member
    I just went to the dermatologist and got a whole new routine. I love that he explained everything, and didn't just give a quick topical.

Morning - PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide wash 4% (He said anything under 5%, over the counter) I leave it on my face while I take my shower then rinse off. Then I apply clindamycin (prescription) all over, and put some light makeup

Afternoon - Reapply clindamycin

Evening - Basic Cetaphil bar soap, and slowly easing my way into tazorac. I have cerave moisturizer if my skin gets too dry, and I thought it for sure would, but so far so good.

I'm pretty stoked about this, I've tried just about everything over the counter, and finally starting to see some results, and sticking to a consistent regimen.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

After the last thread I tried the No.7 face lotion from Target, but I think I'm allergic to it. I got little tiny pockets all over my face. Like instead of small bumps, little indents. It was weird. So now I'm trying to decide if I want to try something else or go for the same brand, but sensitive skin instead.

I Eelizah
  5. Senior Member
    Morning: Simple face wash, Roc eye cream, cerave moisturizer with SPF

Night: Simple makeup remover wipes, Simple face wash, Roc eye cream, Neutrogena rapid results moisturizer.

I like, never ever skip these. I don't think I could sleep without washing my face.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

AM - GlamGlow mud cleanser for oily skin (I forget the actual name), Sunday Riley Good Genes serum, Clinique dramatically different gel moisturizer, and Caudalie moisture sorbet as an eye cream (trust me!)

PM - bioderma for mascara removal, Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm, Lush tea tree toner, Sunday Riley sleeping night oil. And more eye cream!

Sometimes I will put on a glycolic acid serum between toning and oil at night. I also love the Ole Hendrickson home peel for 1x/mo. Plus the occasional mud or moisture mask (approx 1x/week).
  7. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    I just went to the dermatologist and got a whole new routine. I love that he explained everything, and didn't just give a quick topical.

Morning - PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide wash 4% (He said anything under 5%, over the counter) I leave it on my face while I take my shower then rinse off. Then I apply clindamycin (prescription) all over, and put some light makeup

Afternoon - Reapply clindamycin

Evening - Basic Cetaphil bar soap, and slowly easing my way into tazorac. I have cerave moisturizer if my skin gets too dry, and I thought it for sure would, but so far so good.

I'm pretty stoked about this, I've tried just about everything over the counter, and finally starting to see some results, and sticking to a consistent regimen.
    I hope your new routine works well for you!
  8. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Morning: cerave foaming cleanser, some Japanese or Korean sunscreen idk, cerave in the tub
    Evening: same cleanser, pocketderm/curology prescription, cerave in the tub again

I'm not crazy about cerave products tbh but they're easily accessible so I usually like philosophy purity made simple but the last bottle I got smelled weird so I'm turned off for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Morning: Simple face wash, Roc eye cream, cerave moisturizer with SPF

Night: Simple makeup remover wipes, Simple face wash, Roc eye cream, Neutrogena rapid results moisturizer.

I like, never ever skip these. I don't think I could sleep without washing my face.
    Hmmm... I have never heard of Cerave products before but looks like both of you use them.
  9. Senior Member
    Kroger brand body wash on my body and face. The end.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    Hmmm... I have never heard of Cerave products before but looks like both of you use them.
    Really? They're sold at all drugstores. Kinda pricey for a drugstore brand but they're basic simple products that get the job done. Something in them burns my skin really bad when I've been too harsh on it, like I've learned over time that I just can't do face masks. If I use a face mask, it WILL irritate my skin, I will break out, and everything will hurt. But my routine has really been working for me over the past couple months so they don't burn me for now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast