Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: At home trim?

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

At home trim?

Advertisements
    I'm broke and I'm growing out my hair, layers and all so I've been thinking about just starting to trim my hair at home and save myself the money. Does anyone else do this? How did you learn?

TIA!!!!
  2. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I learned to trim my own hair a couple years ago when I stopped seeing my hairdresser, who gave me an unflattering hairCUT when I came in for a trim. Anyway, I pretty much do it as needed to prevent split ends. I do it in sections on wet hair with scissors made especially for hair (if you use any old scissors you can end up with split ends all over).

Anyway, if you're just doing it solely to save the money, i'd look up beauty schools in your area. Regency Beauty Schools are everywhere and a trim and style is like $9 at my local one. The people working in them have been through all of the classroom work and spent time working on dolls. They're at the veeerry end of beauty school, so have no fear. Lol.
  3. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    I learned to trim my own hair a couple years ago when I stopped seeing my hairdresser, who gave me an unflattering hairCUT when I came in for a trim. Anyway, I pretty much do it as needed to prevent split ends. I do it in sections on wet hair with scissors made especially for hair (if you use any old scissors you can end up with split ends all over).

Anyway, if you're just doing it solely to save the money, i'd look up beauty schools in your area. Regency Beauty Schools are everywhere and a trim and style is like $9 at my local one. The people working in them have been through all of the classroom work and spent time working on dolls. They're at the veeerry end of beauty school, so have no fear. Lol.
    Thanks! I'll look at that too. I'm cheap and where I was going was costing at least $100 a visit when I'd get my hair dyed too and the girl was always pushing product on me. I get it's their job but yeah.
  4. Senior Member
    i wear my hair curly, so I'm not really worried about things being perfectly even so I honestly go by how it feels, I just trim my layers to the sides and back.. do my bangs, my hairdresser showed me how to do that one lol.. and i just go for the bottom, just cutting the dead ends off. it always feels so much lighter and has more volume after cutting all the dead ends off. one girl i went to last year said she could tell i cut my own layers lol but i don't care, its free and it doesn't look awful in my opinion

5. Senior Member
    You can go to a beauty school and get your ends trimmed for cheap there.
    They are training to be professional hair stylists, and I personally never had a bad result there.