Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damaged dry hair

1. Senior Member

Damaged dry hair

Advertisements
    What do you all do for dry/damaged hair?

I have thick curly hair, which I straighten a couple times a week. At this point, I am starting to notice it drying out and getting frayed on the ends.

I am going to get a hair cut tonight, because I'm pretty sure I have fried my ends and it looks gross.

What do ya'll do to prevent that from happening? Someone told me to use coconut oil as a hair masque. Any products that are worth ever penny?
  2. Senior Member
    Hey, I would suggest asking your hair stylist about products and just researching them later on. Sometimes they try to push you in to something but you could just try to get what they suggest and then read up on reviews if people like the products. In a few weeks I'm going to get a Brazilian blowout done so I'm interested to see how that works. A lot of people rave about them. My hair isn't fried too much, but it is curly and frizzy and I have yet to find a product that gets rid of the frizz so I'm hoping this helps. Maybe you should look in to that as an option?
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Olaplex!!! I don't know where to buy it because I get it through my hair stylist, but that's stuff is seriously amazing.

ETA: I also want to add that she owns her own salon and doesn't try to sell products to her clients ever, so it's not something she suggested for commission or anything.

4. Senior Member
    My stylist never tries to sell things, and she always sells to me at her cost. (She has become a good friend since I started going to her).

I will ask her for ideas on items.

I was more looking for an every day solution though, because I do straighten my hair a bit. Which, is part of my technique.. Like she can blow dry my hair straight. I have tried to do it the way she does, and I always turn out looking like I just got shocked. It's horrible. haha.
  5. Senior Member
    I use tresame heat spray to protect before straightening it. And I use pantene dry ends for shampoo and conditioner, it's helped my hair a lot, and I bleach my hair. I make sure to let my hair air dry as much as possible too.

6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I swear by Aveda products. I don't think I'll use anything else in my hair! I don't currently have enough hair to straighten other than the top but when I did, I used their Shampure line (in both regular and rosemary + mint) and Damage Remedy. My long hair used to be fried and split at the ends, so I'd regularly get a trim for the ends and try to not use heat every day. Aveda products are a little pricey, but they last forever and I've seen such a difference in my hair. I use the control and shampure lines!
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I only use sulfate free shampoo and natural products. Sulfates strip everything, bad oils and good oils, from hair in order to clean it, leaving it dry. The majority of the time I stick to coconut oil as a leave in conditioner/for flyaways and grapeseed oil when i'm straightening or blow drying my hair (natural heat protectant).

Focus more product on your ends, not your roots or shaft. Your ends are the oldest and most fragile part of your hair.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My Pretty Hair is Parched shampoo and conditioner omg I can't recommend it enough
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also wash your hair less. I only wash mine once or twice a week.
  10. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Also wash your hair less. I only wash mine once or twice a week.
    This. Even going to every other day or every three days is a big difference.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast