Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Is it possible...

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #1

    Is it possible...

    Advertisements
    ...To change hairdressers...when your hairdresser is your close friend?

    I honestly don't even think its an option. But, I wondered if anyone had advice, or has been in a similar situation. So my friend, K, is my hairdresser. She was my friend long before she did hair. On a whim, I let her do my hair a few years ago and just kept going to her. Now, she's not terrible, my hair never looks super bad. It is just never, exactly what I want? I have ombre now, and I think it could have been done a LOT better. Now, I love her, but she is the type to get extremely offended when someone stops going to her.

    I feel my only option is to continue to get very specific with her in hopes that she'll do what I want. But, does anyone have any advice or stories to share? TIA
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #2
    Does she live nearby?

    My friend does my hair, although she's the best I've ever gone to, but since she doesn't live right around the corner, if I have to go somewhere else she doesn't care whatsoever.

    That a tough situation

    If you don't want to straight out tell her you'd like to try another stylist, and she is local to you, can you just pick a day you know she's working and say that you had something that you needed your hair done for ASAP, and couldn't wait for her to be available?


  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Does she live nearby?

    My friend does my hair, although she's the best I've ever gone to, but since she doesn't live right around the corner, if I have to go somewhere else she doesn't care whatsoever.

    That a tough situation

    If you don't want to straight out tell her you'd like to try another stylist, and she is local to you, can you just pick a day you know she's working and say that you had something that you needed your hair done for ASAP, and couldn't wait for her to be available?
    Yea, she does live closeby. But, there has been issues in the past where our schedules don't match up so I just end up waiting, because I think she would even be offended if I said I really cant wait. I feel like that might be my only out if I really wanted to push it...but I could just imagine seeing her again with fresh hair from someone else, and her being all bitchy to me

    Thank you tho
  4. Senior Member
    irish85's Avatar
    irish85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,732
    #4
    Yes its totally possible! Ive been in the situation, just be completely honest, tell her what you told us, or just go to someone else and explain its nothing personal you just love how the new person does it.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KrazyKatLady.'s Avatar
    KrazyKatLady. is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    3,090

    #5
    Go with the schedule conflict thing. Find someone new. If you end up loving it blame your SO and say he really really loved your hair the new way and wanted you to keep getting it like that



  6. Senior Member
    VicDelo's Avatar
    VicDelo is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    266
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose. View Post
    Go with the schedule conflict thing. Find someone new. If you end up loving it blame your SO and say he really really loved your hair the new way and wanted you to keep getting it like that
    PP-genius!! I'd do this too! good luck!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Yes its totally possible! Ive been in the situation, just be completely honest, tell her what you told us, or just go to someone else and explain its nothing personal you just love how the new person does it.
    You make it sound so easy! lol, you've never met my friend. She gets irrationally offended by things haha thanks for your input tho, I'm still thinking it all over

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose. View Post
    Go with the schedule conflict thing. Find someone new. If you end up loving it blame your SO and say he really really loved your hair the new way and wanted you to keep getting it like that
    LOL, I love the blame DB thing...hmm my wheels are turning


    So, another question. If I went to another person for whatever excuse I came up with (probably schedule conflict) and my friend K gets all mad and upset about it and like distant, is there anyway I can salvage that friendship? If she decides to be upset, is it my fault, or hers for holding a grudge? I'm just trying to think about all the different scenarios.
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    amandalouwho2's Avatar
    amandalouwho2 is offline
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jarrell, Texas
    Posts
    10,443


    #8
    I would just be honest with her. Bring pictures and be super nitpicky/specific with exactly how you are wanting your hair and if she doesn't make that happen just let her know "Hey I love you but just the scheduling conflicts and me wanting something very specific done to my hair, I went ahead and booked someone else. Nothing personal, just business." and if she chooses to blow up the friendship because of that then that is silly to me.

    This is why I refuse to let my best friend do my hair she went to cosmetology school and always offers to do my hair for me and I just can't because if I hate it I don't want it to make our friendship awkward. I might let my little sister do my hair since she is in cosmetology school now but I would tell her straight up if I hated it and she wouldn't be offended.


  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I would just be honest with her. Bring pictures and be super nitpicky/specific with exactly how you are wanting your hair and if she doesn't make that happen just let her know "Hey I love you but just the scheduling conflicts and me wanting something very specific done to my hair, I went ahead and booked someone else. Nothing personal, just business." and if she chooses to blow up the friendship because of that then that is silly to me.

    This is why I refuse to let my best friend do my hair she went to cosmetology school and always offers to do my hair for me and I just can't because if I hate it I don't want it to make our friendship awkward. I might let my little sister do my hair since she is in cosmetology school now but I would tell her straight up if I hated it and she wouldn't be offended.
    Thanks, that's good advice. I think I will give her one more chance and I'll make sure to be super specific and honest. Yes, take my advice, don't EVER let your friend do it, even if you think it might be amazing, just don't! haha. But sisters, you can tell them what's up without them being offended.
  10. Senior Member
    ArmyCupcake's Avatar
    ArmyCupcake is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,076
    #10
    Do you have a birthday coming up? You could ask someone for a gift card to a salon you want to try out. Then you have to use it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •