Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to cover this up?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What is the best way to cover this up?

Advertisements
    I had an accident on July 4th and I have a scrape on my face right between the eyes.

Today was fine, I had the day off, but I have to go into the office tomorrow and I don't want to have a big scab showing. But it almost looks worse if I put concealer or foundation on it because it's like, raised and bumpy and it's just really obvious that I have a bunch of makeup sitting on top of a scratch. The color's not such a big deal but I can't get it smoothed out like I can with bruises or smaller scratches.

Any ideas or am I gonna just have to deal with looking like a doofus until this goes away? I feel like the camera is being kind, IRL it's really dark red and noticeable.
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry about your accident! I'm not one for makeup, mainly because I am lazy before work hah but when I do have blemishes I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter on them, usually overnight- I feel like it helps speed up the healing process. Not sure if you have any on hand or a similar product but hopefully that helps!
  3. Senior Member
    Yea, I was going to mention cocoa butter.. It also helps soften the scab and would make it easier and sortof smoother to conceal
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oh I have cocoa butter at home! Ok this is good ... will be putting some on now
  5. Senior Member
    You might try a little bit of concealer and try covering just the worst areas. If you have a small makeup brush to carefully, delicately blend the concealer in. Maybe a little powder over the top to help set and give a tad more coverage.
    And ditto on the cocoa butter.
    Ouch, I'm sorry you got scraped up! I do stuff like that all the time!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I need to know how you did it!

life's a party, rock your body
  7. Senior Member
    Awww sry about your accident! I hope you heal quick! It might not be the best option but sometimes using a bandaid on it than the concealer. It will make it a little smoother and also keep it from getting infected. When I had two sunspots on my face removed i did this for awhile.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Small flesh colored band-aid.
    Either way, people will either ask questions or stare at it and make up their own stories.
    So I say let people ask, and have a great story to tell them!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hadn't even thought about a band-aid, but maybe that would work, for some reason I assumed it would make it stand out even more... I wish I could just wear my sunglasses all day because they pretty much cover it, but that's not an option lol

Quote Originally Posted by fraujennyy View Post
    I need to know how you did it!
    Long story! I might post a thread about it later
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I hadn't even thought about a band-aid, but maybe that would work, for some reason I assumed it would make it stand out even more... I wish I could just wear my sunglasses all day because they pretty much cover it, but that's not an option lol

Long story! I might post a thread about it later
    Did it involve you telling off some stranger in Walmart when they did not stop to salute the flag on the fourth, while walking down the isle with all the flags?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast