Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Humidity hair

1. Senior Member

Humidity hair

Advertisements
    After 7yrs of living in a dry, very dry desert climate, I'm now in a humid climate and have no clue what products/what to do with my hair. It will be hot AND humid this summer. I would love to hear about some good products (particularly leave-ins, hairsprays, styling products) Things that won't weigh my fine hair down but keep me from looking like a poof frizz ball.

ALSO any sites or pics of cute things to do with my hair (other than a ponytail everyday)

My hair is long and mostly straight (with some wanna-be wavy tendencies) but i usually flat-iron the wavy-est spots.

TIA!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Senior Member
    living proof products are a goddamn lifesaver. i actually haven't tried the frizz line yet but i've heard the humidity blocker is a godsend and that's next on my list to try. i use the perfect hair day stuff and it's amazing, and the blowout spray and i find that they both really really help.
  3. Regular Member
    I wash my hair at night and sleep on it and it helps with the frizz a lot.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I dunno about products (in a mostly dry place, myself!) but I like putting my hair in a ponytail, braiding it, and then wrapping it into a bun on days I just down wanna deal with it (like today).
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by RedSunshine View Post
    I wash my hair at night and sleep on it and it helps with the frizz a lot.
    i do this too. A lot of it also seems to depend on the water for me, if I shower at my parents house (with well water) I will be frizzy as hell but if I shower at home I'm generally fine. I also use kerastase elixir ultime and on really bad days I do resort to a pony tail.
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    There are about a million cute ways to braid your hair. I've pretty much always lived in humid places (Alabama, Florida, Texas, & Tennessee) so I kind of just accept frizz as a natural part of life.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    living proof products are a goddamn lifesaver. i actually haven't tried the frizz line yet but i've heard the humidity blocker is a godsend and that's next on my list to try. i use the perfect hair day stuff and it's amazing, and the blowout spray and i find that they both really really help.
    You don't happen to watch Rachel Whitehurst on YouTube do you? Because she literally just talked about that in a recent video I want to try it!
  8. Senior Member
    Every time I move to a new place, my hair is a nightmare for a couple months. I have to find a balance between a product that weigh some of the frizz, and one to still define my waves and add definition.
  9. Senior Member
    I wash my hair at night and let it air dry. Flat iron in the morning......
  10. Senior Member
    I honestly dont have the energy to deal with my hair haha so if im not going anywhere but the gym after work,i wash it at night half dry it let it do what it feels like doing at night and just throw it up in a pony. Sometmes ill do a braid.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."