Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What To Wear

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

What To Wear

Advertisements
    I'm planning on getting this dress in dark navy. What should a guy wear so it doesn't clash?

Also, hair up or down. What color/type of heels?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not much help, but that dress is fantastic! I LOVE it! I want one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I need more details. Where are you wearing it to? How long/what style is your hair? That dress is GORGEOUS.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    What a dress! I love it! I'm no fashionista but I'm sure you're going to look great
  5. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    It's a backyard wedding, 4th of July. I'm thinking hair up since it'll be hot, most likely. Since I've already had the white wedding experience, I wanted to have more fun this time, especially if I can wear the dress again.

I'm thinking a slacks and vest combo. But didn't know colors.

Someone told me seersucker suit. I'm not sure if he'll like the look of that but I sent him the idea.

It's a super small wedding. Like less than 12 probably. No wedding party. No actual wedding colors. We'll have a small cake but it's our alternative to JOP. He leaves for Germany before the end of the year and since I'm stuck here until December, we're making this a faster than we originally planned wedding. But I still want to have some things planned and feel pretty in the process.

I tried on dresses in person but didn't see any that had the properties that this dress has. I wanted a tea length dress with sleeves and this has both. I figured a colored dress will be more flattering on me too and if I can wear it again, then even better!
  6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    It's a backyard wedding, 4th of July. I'm thinking hair up since it'll be hot, most likely. Since I've already had the white wedding experience, I wanted to have more fun this time, especially if I can wear the dress again.

I'm thinking a slacks and vest combo. But didn't know colors.

Someone told me seersucker suit. I'm not sure if he'll like the look of that but I sent him the idea.

It's a super small wedding. Like less than 12 probably. No wedding party. No actual wedding colors. We'll have a small cake but it's our alternative to JOP. He leaves for Germany before the end of the year and since I'm stuck here until December, we're making this a faster than we originally planned wedding. But I still want to have some things planned and feel pretty in the process.

I tried on dresses in person but didn't see any that had the properties that this dress has. I wanted a tea length dress with sleeves and this has both. I figured a colored dress will be more flattering on me too and if I can wear it again, then even better!
    Oh okay. Well I'm going to second the seersucker suit idea because it's basically genius. Not only will it be super cute beside your dark navy dress but it's also lighter and he won't melt. Agreed with hair up for sure, too, since heat is a big concern. For your heels, were you wanting to go open toe or closed?

7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Congratulations, by the way. That's exciting!

8. Senior Member
    I would say since it is a backyard wedding (and probably on grass?) some super cute pointed toe flats instead of heels. I think hair wise up in a big bun if you have the hair to do it like in the picture. I do agree with a light cream suit for your guy would be the best with your navy dress. And try if you can to get your shoes to make the cream shade of his suit.
    Last edited by Southern-queen; 05-25-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: details on what kind of flats
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you could do red but idk if that would make it too "festive". if not i think nude pumps would look good!
  10. Senior Member
    OH MY FREAKING GOSH I LOVE IT. SO DOES DH. And you're going to try it on for me mmmmkay? I think it would look cute with him in a laid back shirt and khakis, like a Tommy Bahama shirt. Bedarra Garden Camp Shirt in cream. I dunnooooo. AHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUUU
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast