Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Clarisonic

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Clarisonic

Advertisements
    Anyone gotten one? I've been interested for a while, and finally ordered one.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Senior Member
    I've had one for several years but I figured out it irritated my skin and was why my skin looked like shit all the time, so I switched to the Konjac sponge.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've had one for several years but I figured out it irritated my skin and was why my skin looked like shit all the time, so I switched to the Konjac sponge.
    Awe boo, that sucks big time.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

My husband and I have both used them for a few years. We love them
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    Awe boo, that sucks big time.
    Just don't overuse it. They say to use it morning and night but that's WAY too much exfoliation for anyone's skin. And the more you physically exfoliate your skin, the more your skin will crave physical exfoliation so it just becomes a cycle. Use the most gentle brush you can stand and probably don't use it on a daily basis. Take note if your skin seems drier or really shiny, that means you've over exfoliated.

Also, if you start breaking out, give your skin a break from it. People who don't understand skincare think the clarisonic causes purging. That's literally impossible, because the clarisonic is just a tool and the only things that cause legitimate purging are things with active ingredients (retin-a, glycolic acid, things of that nature). If your skin is breaking out it's because you're irritating it.

They're definitely not bad tools when used properly, I don't know why they advise you to use it so often. Also, don't keep it in your shower and take the brush head off every night so the inside can dry out. Otherwise you'll get all kinds of black gunk and soap scum inside. I have the clarisonic plus from when they first came out so maybe they've changed it so that doesn't happen anymore, but it's gross and unavoidable.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just don't overuse it. They say to use it morning and night but that's WAY too much exfoliation for anyone's skin. And the more you physically exfoliate your skin, the more your skin will crave physical exfoliation so it just becomes a cycle. Use the most gentle brush you can stand and probably don't use it on a daily basis. Take note if your skin seems drier or really shiny, that means you've over exfoliated.

Also, if you start breaking out, give your skin a break from it. People who don't understand skincare think the clarisonic causes purging. That's literally impossible, because the clarisonic is just a tool and the only things that cause legitimate purging are things with active ingredients (retin-a, glycolic acid, things of that nature). If your skin is breaking out it's because you're irritating it.

They're definitely not bad tools when used properly, I don't know why they advise you to use it so often. Also, don't keep it in your shower and take the brush head off every night so the inside can dry out. Otherwise you'll get all kinds of black gunk and soap scum inside. I have the clarisonic plus from when they first came out so maybe they've changed it so that doesn't happen anymore, but it's gross and unavoidable.
    Thanks for the info! Im bad and usually wash my face once a day anyway. But good to know about the scum and drying.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Senior Member
    I have one and when I first got it I used it everyday like it seems that you should according to the instructions you get,,,,wrong,,,my skin broke out like I have never broken out in my life it was horrible ( this was all of course within a week or so of a homecoming )fortunately
    I listened to my skin and use it maybe once or twice a week and haven't had an issue yet
  8. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    Thanks for the info! Im bad and usually wash my face once a day anyway. But good to know about the scum and drying.
    I'm bad too! When I used it consistently, once a day (night only) with Purity by Philosophy, my skin got faaaaabulous. But I'm too lazy to even do that. I use it in the shower, whenever that happens. And sometimes in the morning, if I haven't washed my face in a while and have just been using wipes at night