Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business professional clothes? Help!!!

1. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!

Business professional clothes? Help!!!

Advertisements
    I've recently accepted a new job and I'll be going from an environment where I wear jeans and t shirts and sweatshirts and yoga pants on a regular basis to an environment that is "business professional". I'm so lost about what this is and I'm begging for some fashionable hints and where to shop and what to look for. I'm on a tiny budget at the moment but I plan on buying quality timeless pieces in the future. Please help me and show me pictures of what I should look for!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    I like New York and Company for business clothes on a budget. They're always having sales. I would get a few dress pants, skirts, and basic dresses that you can accessorize differently.
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I get my work clothes at NY and Company, Burlington Coat factory, TJ Maxx. It depends. My office is professional, but I don't have to wear a suit everyday. Sometimes I wear a suit, but other times I just wear a nice blouse with dress pants.

4. Senior Member
    Business Professional clothes is suits, basically anything with a nice tailored jacket. Express has some nice suits that are moderately priced. I'd probably wear a nice blouse under the suit to liven it up and call it good. I'd stick to gray suits and not black.
  5. Senior Member
    If you're on a budget I'd check TJ Maxx or Marshalls!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I agree with NY&Co. and sometimes The Limited has awesome sales!
  7. Regular Member
    This recently happened to me when I changed jobs! It was difficult going form being able to wear jeans and nice shirts to business professional. I asked my hiring manager what people normally wore around the office, then went to TJMaxx and Express and found similar clothing to what she described.

But then, i was kind of shocked when I went into the office the first week and I was one of the best dressed people there--no one wears jeans, but some of my coworkers wear things that I wouldn't consider business professional. If I were you, I would call and ask for examples about what people wear and then buy just enough to get you through your first week and observe what others are wearing.
  8. Regular Member
    This recently happened to me when I changed jobs! It was difficult going form being able to wear jeans and nice shirts to business professional. I asked my hiring manager what people normally wore around the office, then went to TJMaxx and Express and found similar clothing to what she described.

But then, i was kind of shocked when I went into the office the first week and I was one of the best dressed people there--no one wears jeans, but some of my coworkers wear things that I wouldn't consider business professional. If I were you, I would call and ask for examples about what people wear and then buy just enough to get you through your first week and observe what others are wearing.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I pinterested business professional to get examples of basic outfits. Then I bought enough for the first few days just to see what other people wore. It turned out to be more business casual, so I'm glad I didn't waste money on a ton of suits and stuff.

I Eelizah
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Agree with all the suggestions thus far, but I'd also add H&M. Their sizing is weird but prices are cheap. I'd get a few casual blazers that you can pair with various blouses and button-downs. Pretty much anything can go underneath, even shirts and tank tops you currently own.
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast