Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about your skin care routine

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Talk to me about your skin care routine

Advertisements
    I'm in the market for some new products to attempt a skincare routine, and I need help/advice/opinions because I'm clueless

I've watched a few youtube videos and done some review reading on amazon, but there are SO many product types and brands, I'm a little overwhelmed.

My skin care in the past has been nothing. I literally don't own any wash-clothes (but am probably going to buy some). After moving to Arizona, I've tried to use sun screen more often and finally, since about February (I think), I've used a moisturizer (I've got a few types) and a sample of Clinique under eye cream that my grandma gave me for Christmas. I recently acquired an oil facial cleanser and a "night mask" which I think is just a moisturizer you wear overnight

I've been told I have nice skin, but I'm pushing 30 and want to care for it. Also, I have large pores (nose in particular), and my nose is a bit oily. Other than that, I'm not aware of any special/problem things. I don't wear makeup usually, but I'm starting to experiment with that as well so make up removal isn't currently my main objective, but I do need to know how/when to do it. The other thing about this, is I'm in the market for some new, calming night time routines and this sounds appealing to me.

So I think I'm in the market for a clay or charcoal mask, a serum/facial oil (?) and possibly a toner. Any favorites, or other suggestions? What sort of routine do you do?

I'm a little worried that if I start messing with my skin (like even the moisturizer has me a little worried), I'll end up with problems or breakouts but conventional wisdom obviously tells me not to ignore my skin so I'm confused

Oh also, do you do anything after working out (like, say, mid-day) other than shower/rinse off your face?
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Gonna on this thread hardcore.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I personally prefer Queen Helens Mint Julep mask. It helps clear my pores and leaves my skin very soft. I wash with a tea tree bar soap and a little foam-y sponge I got from the BX and moisturize at night with Cerave in the tub and in the morning I use Clean n Clear with salicylic acid.

Sunscreen and moisturizing is the most important thing you can do to slow down signs of aging. You can also add a vitamin c serum or retinol product to help reduce any you have and smooth skin tone.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

mines a little in depth but i wear a decent amount of makeup most days but here are the basic steps/products i use.

1. eye makeup remover (not necessary if you don't wear makeup)
    2. makeup remover wipe (again not necessary without makeup)
    3. cleanser using my clarisonic
    4. toner
    5. moisturizer (daytime) (night time x2)
    6. eye cream (day) (night)
    7. lip scrub
    8. lip balm

random products used whenever i feel like it
    - face mask
    - zit cream

again this is really high maintenance haha but i think total it take me 5 minutes at night.
    Last edited by Wild*Rose; 04-08-2015 at 01:54 PM.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    So, thanks to Heisenberg being all "reddit/r/skincareaddiction!!" whenever someone has a thread about skincare, I've started stepping up my game

Morning:
    Wash with Neutrogena facial bar
    Moisturize with cerave moisturizing cream (I thought this would be too heavy but my skin LOVES it)
    CC cream Yes to Grapefruits spf 18

Evening:
    Wash with cerave hydrating cleanser bar
    Spot treat with 2% salicylic acid
    Moisturize with Eucerin redness relief night cream

Things I'm still looking for:
    A higher spf mineral sunscreen. I've figured out I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens :/ My CC cream isn't good enough at SPF 18
    An all-over chemical exfoliant that's gentler than salicylic acid... if I use it on my whole face, bad things happen.

My skin is way softer and dewier since I started this, but I'm still having acne issues now and then.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    I LOVE the Mint Julip mask. I do that on weekends when I take my bubble bath.

Morning:

-Wash face with Mary Kay Time Wise cleanser. - I have been using this for years, and it is the only thing that makes me face feel SUPER clean. I have really oily skin.
    -Toner - I use Clinique toner for combo skin
    - Moisturizer - Mary Kay Time Wise cleanser
    - Eye cream - Clinique

Night Time:

Oil Cleansing Method. LOVE IT! I make my own. (50% Castor Oil, 50% Carrier oil (I use a blend of Grapeseed oil and Jojaba Oil). I also add a few drops tea tree, and it feels really refreshing on my face.

I make a big pump bottle full at a time, and it lasts me for 6 months or longer.

I love the Oil Cleaner because it really does cleanse and makes my face feel so fresh. Since, I am adding oil instead of taking oil away, it prevents the over-production of oil during the night.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I wash my face in the morning and every other night with Yes to Carrots face cleanser with my Olay brush spinning thing (sorry, I promise to check the real name but it was at Walmart for $25 ). I use the Yes to Carrots moisturizer, as well. On the off nights, I use the Olay cleanser that came with the brush and then more moisturizer. Twice a week I use the Lush brand face masks, once the Love Lettuce exfoliating one and the other night Cupcake (has chocolate and smells wonderful).
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    I wash my face in the morning and every other night with Yes to Carrots face cleanser with my Olay brush spinning thing (sorry, I promise to check the real name but it was at Walmart for $25 ). I use the Yes to Carrots moisturizer, as well. On the off nights, I use the Olay cleanser that came with the brush and then more moisturizer. Twice a week I use the Lush brand face masks, once the Love Lettuce exfoliating one and the other night Cupcake (has chocolate and smells wonderful).
    I freakin' love the Yes to brand. Their carrot conditioner is the only one I've found, ever, that makes my hair feel soft and not frizzy.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    So, thanks to Heisenberg being all "reddit/r/skincareaddiction!!" whenever someone has a thread about skincare, I've started stepping up my game

Morning:
    Wash with Neutrogena facial bar
    Moisturize with cerave moisturizing cream (I thought this would be too heavy but my skin LOVES it)
    CC cream Yes to Grapefruits spf 18

Evening:
    Wash with cerave hydrating cleanser bar
    Spot treat with 2% salicylic acid
    Moisturize with Eucerin redness relief night cream

Things I'm still looking for:
    A higher spf mineral sunscreen. I've figured out I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens :/ My CC cream isn't good enough at SPF 18
    An all-over chemical exfoliant that's gentler than salicylic acid... if I use it on my whole face, bad things happen.

My skin is way softer and dewier since I started this, but I'm still having acne issues now and then.
    I'm not sure if these are chemical or physical sunscreens but go to /r/asianbeauty and read the sunscreen threads. I've been using one by hada labo and omgggg life changing.

I will reply to this for real later I'm at work.
  10. Senior Member
    Morning:
    Wash with Simple face wash
    Roc eye cream
    Cetaphil face cream with 45 sunscreen

Night:
    Simple face wipes
    Simple face wash
    Roc eye cream
    Neutrogena Acne face lotion
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast