Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My hair...

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

My hair...

Advertisements
    is the worst I'm so frustrated with it! It's just so flat and bleh. It can't hold a curl or any style for that matter besides straight. It looks super thin too. I just don't know what to do with it. Sometimes, I think about dying it, but I do like my natural color. I also don't know what colors would look good with my skin tone, which is casper the ghost pale btw.

So, does anyone have any good products they can recommend? Maybe some type of volumizing shampoo? Color or style tips and tricks? HALP.
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    My hair is long, and the strainds are very fine. I go and have long layers (and by long, I mean, nothing past the shoulder blade) cut into it to help add some volume/dimension. Some times I'll add some bang or longer layers around my face to give my hair some boost too.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    My hair is long, and the strainds are very fine. I go and have long layers (and by long, I mean, nothing past the shoulder blade) cut into it to help add some volume/dimension. Some times I'll add some bang or longer layers around my face to give my hair some boost too.
    Yep. When I had long hair I would always do lots and lots of layers for texture I always use Aveda products when I can, too. They're on the pricey side but they always tamed my hair and made it softer and smell soooo good.
  4. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Oh I forgot, for hair products -- look for anything that says "thickening" or "fat hair". I tend to have better success with mousses than gels or glazes. Tresemme has a 24 hr XXL volume mouse that works awesome and is stupidly cheap.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  5. Senior Member
    Shea Moisture makes a naturally thickening shampoo, conditioner, and moisture mist. It's the ones with green labels. Doesn't have silicones in it which weigh hairs down and just coats the hair, and has good nutrition in it for your hair. It's made with stuff from the Yucca plant which apparently has been used for hundreds of years or something to naturally clean and thicken hair. You can find them at Walgreens, and I've seen it in some Targets and Walmarts. I usually order it from Walgreens.com.
  6. Senior Member
    My hair is the same, so flat and boring. I don't use many products, because I find anything weighs it down, but I blowdry my head upside down. I'll just put my head upside down and blowdry, and I find it gives it more volume. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't go all Farah Fawcett on my ass, but it no longer sticks on my face.
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will be sure to keep an eye out for these products.

True story: I just blew the circuit breaker blow drying my hair