Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Project 333/Minimalist closet?

1. Senior Member

Project 333/Minimalist closet?

Advertisements
    Has anyone done this, or something similar? The gist is that you go through all your clothes and pick 33 items to wear for 3 months (usually underwear, socks, athletic apparel, etc doesn't count). You then box up the rest of your items and live with your selections for 3 months. It's supposed to help you get creative with mixing and matching your pieces and it helps you be more willing to part with clothes you really shouldn't keep at the end of the 3 months.

I'm hoping to do one now (during pregnancy) but I'm also starting to plan what I want my closet to look like after baby. I am tired of looking at my stuffed closet and feeling like I have nothing to wear. I'm ready to invest in pieces and basics I love and feel good in and not buy cheap crap as a "pick me up" or "because I deserve it." Most of all I want mom-friendly items and an organized closet.

Are any of you ladies closet minimalists? Anyone wanting to start a project 333 in the new year??
  2. Senior Member
    This sounds like a cool idea. I have way too many clothes.

3. Senior Member
    This sounds like a great challenge! I definitely agree with the concept. I feel like no matter how much clothes I buy, I just always feel like I don't have anything to wear.

I just looked up this Project 333 as per this thread. I've never heard of it before. Three months sounds doable... 33 clothes per season sounds pretty fair

I will read more into it and will post back here if I decide to go ahead

Thanks for sharing!
  4. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    How does this work for someone that lives in a place with extreme seasonal changes? Right now I could totally live in my fleece lined mountain hardware pants for the next three months but come july I'm going to want that cool airy summer dress.

It sounds like something I would love to do (and I've already started weeding stuff I don't wear often out) but how does it work for my summer clothes?
    Last edited by sparkles; 01-05-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Because I can...
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
    This sounds like a great challenge! I definitely agree with the concept. I feel like no matter how much clothes I buy, I just always feel like I don't have anything to wear.

I just looked up this Project 333 as per this thread. I've never heard of it before. Three months sounds doable... 33 clothes per season sounds pretty fair

I will read more into it and will post back here if I decide to go ahead

Thanks for sharing!
    Sounds good! I plan on starting tomorrow or Friday!! I'll update the thread with progress pictures, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    How does this work for someone that lives in a place with extreme seasonal changes? Right now I could totally live in my fleece lined mountain hardware pants for the next three months but come july I'm going to want that cool airy summer dress.

It sounds like something I would love to do (and I've already started weeding stuff I don't wear often out) but how does it work for my summer clothes?
    That's a good question. I think there's definitely wiggle room! And I think the reason it's for 3 months ideally is that you'd do four project 333s or "capsule" wardrobes per year, changing out with the seasons. Honestly, that's not always doable depending on the area or climate. I'm starting in January and I'm in CO, so that'll definitely be a bit of a challenge. By the time March rolls around, we'll have some crazy weather days and some mild days, so we'll see what I come up with!

I've also put together a list of the clothes that I want to have in my closet once I lose the baby weight. So far I've kept it all in a neutral palette and I'm looking forward to having a much simpler, easy to mix and match, user friendly closet!