Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best winter boots?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Best winter boots?

Advertisements
    What are the best winter boots you've ever owned? I'm looking for the warm, waterproof, rugged type, not cute ones. It's nice if they're cute but you know what I mean.

I'm not super worried about price because if they're good quality it'll be worth it. I plan to wear them until they die. I've been doing some looking around but I'm always happy to hear from people who have actually owned them and know from experience.
  2. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    If you're looking for super warm, I love North Face boots. I have the Nuptse style and they got me through two UP winters. For outdoors/more waterproof/get dirty kind of boots I love Sorel. I own the Caribou boots and they rock.
  3. Senior Member

Seconded for Sorels.

4. Senior Member
    Stalking this thread because I'm also in need of some nice winter boots. All I have now are a nice pair of rain boots and some UGG knock offs. I've noticed a lot of people here get their shoes from LL Bean...

5. Senior Member
    I have a couple pairs of Sorels. I think the style name is Tivoli. They are okay. They are more slippery than I'd like, but that might be an issue with all boots. And hey rub my heal. But they are very warm, seem to be holding up well, and they are cute.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've heard great things about Sorels, just wanted to make sure it was really a good buy, not just for the name. It's hard to tell sometimes. I'll check into North Face and LL Bean too. I've sort of always had cute ones that didn't measure up to the harsh weather. Time to get some real boots! I'll never survive out there with my crazy dog with my current shoes.

Thanks for the opinions
  7. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Hm I don't find my Sorels to be more slippery than other boots. I wore treads on mine a lot though.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just posted on Facebook asking about this, the responses that I got were:

LL Bean
    Sorel (recommended by three people)
    Hunter boots with fleece liners
    Boggs
    Columbia

I ended up looking through Zappos and I really like these: http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face...lack-zinc-grey

I'm hoping that they'll have them at the North Face here to try on but it looks like a decent boot.
    Last edited by Jazmine; 11-17-2014 at 09:19 PM.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've got some boots from lands end that kept my feet nice and warm through snowy winters and had good traction (a plus when you are walking in snow with small children in tow ) I always recommend lands end for winter gear, they have never let me down and have fantastic return/exchanges.
  10. Senior Member
    I've tried on a couple of pairs of sorels, and honestly, found them wayyy too massive.

I bought these 3 years ago and LOVE them. Cougar Boots | Winter Boots and Shoes for Men, Women and Kids Since 1948 | 39068 Original (in black)

They are warm, waterproof, have good traction, and don't make my feet look wider than my body. They're going on their 4th Canadian winter, and they are still in great shape.

I also have these for work/dressier occasions (or another version of essentially these) La Canadienne Passion Black Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways They are also warm and waterpoof, but have that dressier feel. I had to have them resoled last year, so they're definitely not for rough and tumble activities.

They're definitely not cheap, but warm and waterproof boots are worth every penny imo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast