Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I think I'm going to go a little different, need opinions!

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to go a little different, need opinions!

Advertisements
    This is my current color

Red just isn't staying, no matter how little I wash it, it lasts about 2 weeks if I'm lucky. So I told my stylist I wanted to change things up and she sent me this

We're talking maybe adding in some red with the purple, my length is staying has always lol I'm working too damn hard to cut it. I'm just a little nervous about the black and how it'll look.

Honest opinions please.
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I think your hair would look really cute black and purple. I think maybe shaping it so it curves unto your face might be helpful too to give you some.framing and body.
  3. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackadoo View Post
    I think your hair would look really cute black and purple.
    I'm having so much fun with color, I have to say it was a HUGE perk of this job, my last few wouldn't allow it.
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I think with your skin coloring and hair length, black would be really bad for you. It would look really heavy I think.
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I think with your skin coloring and hair length, black would be really bad for you. It would look really heavy I think.
    That's what I'm nervous about, I trust my stylist and I know if I don't like it she'll fix it but I'm also worried about the damage that would do to my hair.
  6. Senior Member
    I agree that black is too harsh. Also black is not easy to fix. It's the darkest you can go and lightening from black is hard which means there will be damage no doubt about that. Also colors like that (purple and such) are gonna be just as much uptake as red. Just wanted to give you insight
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    I agree that black is too harsh. Also black is not easy to fix. It's the darkest you can go and lightening from black is hard which means there will be damage no doubt about that. Also colors like that (purple and such) are gonna be just as much uptake as red. Just wanted to give you insight
    I've done streaks of those before, but they were less upkeep than the red is, idk why, because I thought the same thing, "it's gonna fade so fast" I know my stylist also switched colors recently do I don't know if that's part of it or what.

I dyed my hair a darkish brown that went almost black (not on purpose, it wasn't my usual gal and needless to say I didn't go back) and ever since it's been a pain with the red. Before it lasted no problem, my roots were the only thing that really faded.
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    I think it depends on your stylist too. For me going from black wasn't bad at all. I had more trouble going from red to blond than black to blond
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I agree. I think it looks good on that girl because of the cut too. I don't think it really goes with your hair...

life's a party, rock your body