Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short, Medium, Long...how do you like it?

1. Senior Member

Thumbs Up Short, Medium, Long...how do you like it?

Advertisements
    What's the "perfect" length of hair for you?

Since I was a kid, all the way up to h.s., I've always had the bob hair cut. It eventually grows, but every year, I cut it short again.

When I got to college, I didn't have the opportunity to get my annual haircut and somehow, my hair just got super long, all they way down to my butt. From then on, I've just always had long hair. I get it trimmed every now and then, and sometimes I cut it "short", which is still long according to magazine/online definition. To me, I associate short hair cut with my childhood...odd, I know lol.

Lately, I've been contemplating on cutting it short again, just for a change. The magazines call it "medium" though.

I feel like having a short hair is more work, because you have to 'set' it. Where as now with my long hair, I can put it in a bun, braid, pony tail, other type of braiding, other type of bun lol. The only negative thing I can think of is it takes a while to dry, but no biggie, because I just sleep on it and next day, I have the wavy look lol. I find having a long hair to be so easy and versatile to work with.

So how about you? What's your hair length preference and why?

Pictures on a good hair day if you care to share
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I love my pixie cut! I always have short hair and don't see it changing any time soon. It's so easy - it takes me about 1 minute tops! I comb it, then do my makeup while it dries, and then it's dry in about 5 (after I'm dressed) and I use a bit of hair spray.

I used to have reallllly long hair, which was a pain since I work out every day. It got so tangly and was so annoying to dry, brush, straighten, etc. every day. I'm too impatient
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I love my pixie cut! I always have short hair and don't see it changing any time soon. It's so easy - it takes me about 1 minute tops! I comb it, then do my makeup while it dries, and then it's dry in about 5 (after I'm dressed) and I use a bit of hair spray.

I used to have reallllly long hair, which was a pain since I work out every day. It got so tangly and was so annoying to dry, brush, straighten, etc. every day. I'm too impatient
    I'm only used to seeing your pictures with short hair so I had to go FB stalk your pictures really quickly to see you with long hair but you're pretty either way you cut your hair

My hair usually depends on my mood I have a tendency to get "sick" of it so I will go and spontaneously get it chopped off into an a-line bob and then get pissed off that I did that when I can't pull it up into a ponytail So for now it's somewhat long. It goes down to about my boobs and I need to get it trimmed so it will grow faster I just never have the time.

4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

My dad took my sisters and I to a barber when we were little. He was easily 90 years old and knew one cut. My hair will never be short again.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Senior Member
    I prefer my hair to be about bra strap length. I don't think it necessarily looks better on me than any other length, that's just where I'm comfortable.

I've tried all different lengths. I had a pixie throughout high school and I mostly loved it but I wouldn't go back to that, I don't think. My hair was about to the top of my hips over this past summer and I cut it to my shoulders and have regretted it every single day since. My hair grows really quickly thank god but I'm going to be mad every day until my hair grows back down to my boobs. I know this seems like a majorly petty first world problem but cutting my hair is literally my biggest regret in life thus far. I am miserable with it.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have had long hair and very short hair. I think somewhere in the middle fits me best.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. Moderator

Most of my adult life, I've had long hair.

It's about 2-3 inches below my bra strap line, depending on my latest trim. I get it cut every 6-8 weeks and keep it the same. I love it. The only thing I change is my bangs, from side swept to blunt across. It depends on my mood when I get it cut.
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Long hair looks better on me. I've had everything from pixie (courtesy of my 21 year old sister at the time, that didn't end well ) to butt length and I definitely prefer long. My hair has big loose curls/waves so it's nice to have it long enough to take advantage of them. Basically my hair does the super popular "beach waves" naturally

I cut ~7-8 inches off a couple months ago cuz the ends were getting icky but it's about 2" below my boobs right now.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Senior Member
    Every time I cut my hair, people comment that I look younger, like early 20s. I usually cut my hair once a year. I prefer medium to medium/long hair length.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I'm only used to seeing your pictures with short hair so I had to go FB stalk your pictures really quickly to see you with long hair but you're pretty either way you cut your hair

My hair usually depends on my mood I have a tendency to get "sick" of it so I will go and spontaneously get it chopped off into an a-line bob and then get pissed off that I did that when I can't pull it up into a ponytail So for now it's somewhat long. It goes down to about my boobs and I need to get it trimmed so it will grow faster I just never have the time.
    thank you, lady! you're so sweet
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast