Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: hey nail people, what's the best black nail polish?

  1. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #1

    hey nail people, what's the best black nail polish?

    Advertisements
    I'm looking for a solid black nail polish that's actually opaque in two coats instead of being a gray streaky mess. Any recs? Especially if it's OPI because I really like their brush, but I don't really care.

    Not China Glaze liquid leather because that's what I have now and it SUCKS. I don't know how people are getting it to be opaque in one coat, mine is sheer af.
  2. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #2
    Jamberry


    Sorry couldn't help myself.
    But I know what you mean with not getting the right color out of black. I gave up on black after two different types, same with freak teal
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  3. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    Jamberry


    Sorry couldn't help myself.
    But I know what you mean with not getting the right color out of black. I gave up on black after two different types, same with freak teal
    lol if i was gonna pay for jamberry i'd be getting a fun design, not black.

    i don't understand why my liquid leather polish sucks so bad. all the reviews for it are great, people say it's opaque in one coat and super shiny etc, mine looks like it's supposed to be a jelly polish still after 2-3 coats. i bought it from ulta a couple years ago so i know it's legit and not a fake polish from ebay or something. i don't get itttt.
  4. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    lol if i was gonna pay for jamberry i'd be getting a fun design, not black.

    i don't understand why my liquid leather polish sucks so bad. all the reviews for it are great, people say it's opaque in one coat and super shiny etc, mine looks like it's supposed to be a jelly polish still after 2-3 coats. i bought it from ulta a couple years ago so i know it's legit and not a fake polish from ebay or something. i don't get itttt.
    They have a black polish but I have no clue how it goes on (I know a few other colors are great.) But totally not recommending something I haven't tried yet to see.

    Polish just hates you! and me
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  5. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #5
    sally hansen hard as nails, black out. i do three coats, two of the black and one of the hard as nails topcoat. all things being black as possible is my area of expertise.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #6
    I use Sally Hansen as well. I use a good base coat so 2 coats does it for me.
  7. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    sally hansen hard as nails, black out. i do three coats, two of the black and one of the hard as nails topcoat. all things being black as possible is my area of expertise.
    I trust you. I'll buy it.
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I trust you. I'll buy it.
    yaaaaaaas. (that was a complete guess on the smiley code, lazy)

    the only thing i hate about it is that shit gets sticky and gunky after like two months. but if you paint things black as much as i do, not a problem.
  9. Account Closed
    Yabos's Avatar
    Yabos is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not Texas
    Posts
    12,236
    #9
    Sally Sally all the things.
  10. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    yaaaaaaas. (that was a complete guess on the smiley code, lazy)

    the only thing i hate about it is that shit gets sticky and gunky after like two months. but if you paint things black as much as i do, not a problem.
    i am forever wasting my money on seche vite which gets goopy and unusable after approx 5 uses, so that's clearly not much of a deterrent for me. if it works idgaf.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •