Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me of makeup brushes

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Talk to me of makeup brushes

Advertisements
    I'm curious, how often do you clean your brushes and what do you use? I use water and a teeny bit of eye makeup remover when I clean mine.

Also I was looking at Mac brushes and holy crap they're expensive. I have the eco tools brushes and some e.l.f. brushes but I wasn't sure if there are some more affordable brushes out there that people LOVE or something.

So what say you Msauce?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i use sigma brushes and clean them with beauty blender solid cleaner...i should prob do that more often than i do but i do it maybe once a month or so.
  4. Senior Member
    I use baby shampoo. I've always used baby shampoo. I used to have the mac brush cleanser for like spot cleaning but I haven't repurchased it in a while, it's mostly good for eyeshadow brushes to just get the colors out but I never wear eyeshadow anymore. It's worth the price for that reason but baby shampoo works fine.

I have a lot of mac brushes but I got a sigma brush set when they were a brand new company, I still have them and they're still great. They've held up just as well as my mac brushes. There are a few I don't really like, but I don't think I would like the mac equivalent either. Sonia Kashuk brushes from target are also really good, the curvy handle black brushes are my FAVORITE brushes in general and the ones I use most often but they're kind of expensive. Real techniques seems good too, I only have the one fluffy brush for foundation but I love it. I've used it nearly every day since I've had it.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have estee lauder brushes and I really love them. The lady at the counter told me that I can use my face wash to clean my brushes and it works really well, I just use that and warm water and sort of massage all the stuff out of them. They did sell something just for cleaning brushes but she said I didn't really need to buy a separate product since it pretty much does the same thing as the facial cleanser.

I clean my foundation brush every other day and the other brushes once a week.
  6. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    ELF studio line, ECOTools, and Real Techniques are my babies. I'm not really all for high end makeup brushes because I don't need them to apply the makeup I have or use on a daily basis.

I also wash using baby shampoo or dishsoap/olive oil.
  7. Senior Member
    Save you money. Go to a craft store and buy watercolor brushes in whatever shapes and sizes you need. You'll spend about 1/3 per brush, or less, and they will be the same quality. I usually by the mid-range quality water color brushes.

I use baby shampoo to clean, and make sure I dry them with the bristles hanging over the sink so the don't get smashed.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Save you money. Go to a craft store and buy watercolor brushes in whatever shapes and sizes you need. You'll spend about 1/3 per brush, or less, and they will be the same quality. I usually by the mid-range quality water color brushes.

I use baby shampoo to clean, and make sure I dry them with the bristles hanging over the sink so the don't get smashed.
    You just blew my mind.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I mainly use Sephora airbrush brushes and Real Techniques. I spot clean regularly with the Sephora spray cleaner. I wash my foundation brush once a week with dove soap. I wash all of my brushes probably once a month. I would like to be better at doing it more frequently but I'm not.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I use Bare Escentuals brushes. I know I'm supposed to clean them about every other week, but I sometimes go months without doing it. Eeek... don't do that, you'll end up having to buy new brushes all the time. Investing in good quality brushes and cleaning regularly will prolong their lifespan. My sister used to be a makeup artist at Sephora so she advised me to use Purity face wash by Philosophy to clean my brushes since that's what they used at her store. I bought a small bottle for about $10 and it's lasted a while.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast